Nomad Atomics is a leader in development of quantum sensors, developing and deploying field-ready quantum technologies to enable real-world applications. We believe the time for commercial quantum sensing has come, and we are determined to make it happen.
We are a high performing and ambitious team, driven by the desire to see our sensors used to solve the hardest sensing problems in some of the world’s largest industries. We are growing – FAST - and we are searching for people to join us on the journey of taking cutting edge technology to the market. We work in areas of global significance including resource exploration and extraction, land and groundwater management, CO2 sequestration monitoring, underground infrastructure monitoring and navigation. We provide an end-to-end service to our clients that includes technology development, manufacture, sensor deployment, and comprehensive data collection and processing.
We are looking for an ambitious and passionate business development associate to develop a strong pipeline of business opportunities in new market segments. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, exploring, and validating new applications and markets for our technologies. While this role is customer facing it engages with all parts of the business, from operations to survey teams and technical staff.
Who you are:
You are a curious and self-motivated, with a keen interest in emerging technologies. You are a strong communicator and are excited to share and sell ground-breaking ideas and products. You are looking for a role a fast-paced environment, where you have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to building something new. It’s ok if you don’t have significant experience, as long as you love a challenge and can apply your skills and creativity to solve anything that comes your way.
Embedded in the business development team and under the broad direction of the Head of Business Development you will:
• Conduct market research to identify and prioritise potential new applications for our quantum gravity sensors
• Map relevant organisations, stakeholders and decision makers through desktop research, conferences, social media, or other tools
• Engage with and develop networks within relevant stakeholder ecosystems to develop knowledge base
• Undertake customer discovery with potential customers and partners to understand their needs and explore engagement opportunities
• Assist in the preparation of presentations, grants and project proposals
• Work closely with our engineering and product development teams to help translate customer needs into product requirements
• Develop and maintain outward focused communication and marketing materials
• Identify trends, opportunities, and potential areas for further research and development
• Maintain effective records for pipeline management
· Demonstrates a strong sense of curiosity and a genuine passion for continuous learning
· A willingness to step outside your comfort zone to acquire new knowledge and skills
· Ability to translate scientific principles into industry specific language
· Demonstrate active listening skills to effectively gather and interpret information
· Ability to embrace ambiguity and demonstrate a willingness to acknowledge and explore unknowns
· Comfortable communicating with all different levels of stakeholders from technical operators through to decision makers
· Displays resilience and tenacity in overcoming challenges and adapting to dynamic situations
· Exhibits excellent organizational skills to efficiently manage tasks and resources
· Works independently while fostering effective collaboration within cross-functional teams
· Displays self-motivation and works independently while fostering effective collaboration within cross-functional teams
· A bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Technology
· Experience in business to business (B2B) sales, and/or business development in a technical industry
· Experience taking new and technologically advanced products to market
The nuts and bolts:
The role is full-time and based in Melbourne, Australia.
We have the flexibility to work from home from time to time, but the in-person interaction with our tech team will be critical.
Must have full working right in Australia.
We offer a competitive salary, employee share option package and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.