Spriggy began as an Australian start-up with a mission to help make Aussie kids better with money. Now we are Australia’s No.1 pocket money app with over 900,000 members and have extended our products with Spriggy Schools and Spriggy Invest.
Backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB Ventures, we continue to build a team who are passionate about helping parents simplify their lives and improve the financial well-being of their kids.
The Spriggy Team
Spriggy prides itself on a diverse team from diverse career backgrounds. Not only will you find highly experienced engineers, product managers and marketers, but we have members of the team that started their careers as medical doctors, business founders, physicists and mathematicians. All are highly capable and passionate about what we do at Spriggy. We solve real-world problems together, learn by doing and get serious satisfaction from seeing the impact of our work change lives.
Our Spriggy Schools team is scaling rapidly and we need a super-experienced .Net Engineer to help take it to the next level of growth. In doing so you will be helping tens of thousands of parents feed their kids lunches, buy uniforms and attend events on behalf of schools across Australia. You will be giving back time to busy parents and fueling the minds of Australia’s future… Sound like something worth being a part of?
About The Role
- Develop high-quality, scalable and performant solutions, taking designs to production deployment for the Schools platform.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, product and other specialist cross-functional teams to deliver product initiatives.
- Work with our QA team to develop test plans and ensure quality throughout our engineering processes.
- Use your experience to mentor and guide colleagues to build the best possible solutions.
- Balance rapid delivery and execution with quality, stability and security.
- Ensure that the solutions developed comply with Spriggy’s security policies and procedures.
- Be a model for both engineering best practices and Spriggy values. Mentor and lead other team members when the need arises.
Your technical experience will cover:
- .NET Core / C# for web applications and API development.
- Solid working knowledge of SQL with knowledge of Dapper for Object Relational mapping
- Previous Azure and Docker experience is also a plus.
- You have 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years as a Senior .Net Developer in a similar role, ideally in a start-up or scale-up environment.
- Are a self-starter who finds practical solutions to challenging problems and enjoys simplifying complexities.
- Have a genuine desire to solve customer problems.
- You have a passion for scale and performance. You know parents are time-poor and deserve access to their data in milliseconds and feel that making a slow lunch order is an insult. You worry about what happens when we have 10x more canteens & 100x more customers but are practical and experienced to know how to solve what you need to right now without painting us into corners.
- Think big but build small. You dream big while recognising that the best solutions often involve small thoughtful iterations at speed.
- Value collaboration and communication. You’re comfortable communicating and collaborating with stakeholders. We work in small cross-functional teams that thrive off building and succeeding together.
- Enjoy mentoring other team members and sharing your knowledge. Learning by doing is one of our values and we are looking for experience to contribute to the growth of our team.
Life at Spriggy
- The opportunity to work at one of Australia’s fastest-growing Fintechs.
- An opportunity to have a real impact and be part of a company with a real purpose.
- A values-led culture focused on collaboration, growth and learning.
- A competitive salary including our Employee Share Option Plan.
- A flexible hybrid workplace (including dedicated budgets for your WFH setup) and continued professional development budget.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.