Flutter like a butterfly 🦋, sting like a bee 🐝—are you (Muhammad) Arli's next heavyweight Dev champion 🥊?
Arli is on the lookout for a Senior Flutter/Mobile Software Developer who punches above their weight, to join our fully remote (and fully awesome) team, tackling one of the world's most misunderstood and under-supported health conditions—addiction. But that's just the beginning...
🙌 Why Join?
- Work with purpose and pride: Knowing that your efforts will genuinely change lives around the world for the better
- Work from anywhere: We are a fully-remote, flexible (and awesome) team
- Work at a global, seed-stage startup: Where you get to be a part of genuinely shaping the future of the product, culture and business
- Small team and flexible environment making it easy to rapidly iterate
- Join a diverse team of people from Uber, eBay, Secure Code Warrior and more
🚀 About Arli
Our mission Arli is on a mission to radically change the way people access and experience support for overcoming some of life’s toughest challenges—starting with alcohol.
Our vision We believe the future in health support is peer-led and clinically-backed, because there can be no greater teacher than lived experience. That’s why all of Arli’s products are guided by people who have overcome their own challenges, figured out what works, and share that wisdom through Arli, in a way that others can truly relate to and learn from.
What is Arli? Arli is an app for anyone wanting to make changes with alcohol (big or small). Arli connects you with the wisdom and advice of those who have navigated through their own challenges with alcohol, discovered what works, and reached where you want to be. Audio guides take less than 10 minutes a day, in your own space at your own pace. No labels. No judgement. No pressure. Just real answers from people who have been there.
💾 About the Role: Problem solver and value creator
Arli is looking for a Senior Mobile Developer with extensive experience in Dart and Flutter—with knowledge of backend technologies a bonus.
Building cross-platform applications in Flutter is awesome. If you're a Flutter guru, you'd likely know that having solid experience with iOS and Android development is also useful.
A Senior Flutter Developer at Arli is someone that understands business requirements, and is able to prioritise for learning and outcomes, demonstrating technical knowledge and capabilities. They are able to take the lead on feature development, working with the wider team to define definition and drive the solution.
They are committed to building software that delivers value to our members, always striving to improve user experience through solid and performant code.
Our engineering team work in a relatively light version of Agile and Scrum, so you won't be sitting in meetings for hours at a time, feeling like you're itching to get back into some code.
💡 At Arli you will:
- Help to shape the Arli platform for our growth and expansion. We are on our way to building not only a world-first platform, but a world-leader
- Be working in a cross-functional team, to deliver the best experience possible for our customers, and genuinely changing their lives for the better.
- Own high quality development outcomes, helping in both the concept/value creation, and the execution of features: build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Help define business requirements from a technical perspective to create actionable, measurable tasks
- Work with the wider team on feature feedback and outcomes to help improve the platform
- Be proactive in code reviews, feedback sessions, and technical discussions
- Be dedicated and eager to tackle difficult problems
- Own your work. Push it through QA/UAT and into production with pride
- Work effectively both independently and with an established engineering team
- Share your knowledge with the other technical team members—we all love to learn
🤳 About you:
- Degree in software field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering etc, or equivalent experience for those self-taught among us
- At least 5 years of software experience, minimum 2 in mobile/Flutter
- Familiarity with API architecture and development practices
- Experience with software development practices like Agile and Scrum
- Experience using version control with Git
🏆 Bonus skills:
- Node & TypeScript
- Understanding of AWS concepts
- Swift and/or Kotlin
⚙️ Arli's tech stack
- Dart & Flutter (with some Swift & Kotlin)
- Firebase App Distribution
- CodeMagic for CI/CD
- AWS backend infrastructure
- GraphQL with PostGraphile
- PostgreSQL database
😎 A day in the life...
A typical day as a Flutter developer at Arli would consist of you considering how to implement new features and requirements, working with the wider team to solidify your understanding of the task, and then diving into the code to write some Dart poetry.
You’ll occasionally be pulled into meetings where appropriate to bring some perspective, but generally you’ll be able to focus and get into a state of flow.
💼 Backed by top investors including Folklore, Antler, Airtree, Simon Griffiths (Co-Founder & CEO of Who Gives A Crap), and more.
👀 Featured in the Australian Financial Review as one to watch.
🤝 Partnered with Monash University, The Buttery, Australian Federal Government and other industry leaders.
Values are actions not just ideas. They inform the way we treat each other and those we support, as well as the products and experiences we build. With a shared understanding of our values, we can go further together.
← ❗️ Click on each arrow to see more detail.
🤝 People are the priority. Period.
Arli is built by and for real people. From the goals we set to the way we hire; the products we build, to the way we speak—people are always the priority. We hire extraordinary humans and look way beyond just their capabilities. Our team don't miss doctor's appointments or our friend's birthdays—because we're people first and Arliens second. We're building products to drive better human connection and inclusion. We support 'people living with addiction' and never 'addicts'. We thrive on this connection to ourselves, our peers, our community and our cause.
💎 Clear is kind
We are highly transparent and embrace vulnerability—and see the extraordinary power in both of those things. We value inclusivity, direct communication, candid feedback and high respect for one another. Our circle of trust enables us to work better, smarter and faster.
🙌 Lead with pride
Shame and stigma have no place in addiction—or at Arli. We couldn't be more proud of the people and community we support, and we sing it loud and proud. Our bold mission is matched by our determination. We stick to our word and will always do what’s right over what’s easy. We don’t shy away from tough conversations, but we always consider who may be listening.
👂 Listen carefully
We never have all of the answers. We never assume. We seek to understand. The conversation around addiction and how we best support people will be constantly evolving—and we’ll always be listening, and pushing ourselves to learn and grow.
The process we run (so we BOTH know what good likes like)
← ❗️ Click on each arrow to see more detail.
🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 APPLY here 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨
Hit apply and follow the prompts If your CV is longer than 2 pages long, try again)
- We are looking for someone succinct, in this role you will need to turn lots of information into simple and easy-to-digest insight. - this starts with your application.
- Expect a response within 5 business days
Video introduction - 10 minutes.
- We wouldn't truly be a people-first company without letting your humanness shine through, we use a video tool that will record a few questions we have so we can see you and hear you.
- Expect a response within 5 business days
First interview: You interview the Founder — 40 minutes
Yup, your opportunity to ask our CEO anything you like, after all this is also about us convincing you to work with us. (not that you will need too much! 😊)
Second interview: Founder and another Leader will interview you 30-60 mins
We will go DEEP on your craft in this one, you will have fun. This will either be with our Head Coach, Head of Product or Head of Marketing but don't worry you will meet them all later in the process. Great leaders want to work with other great leaders.
Code challenge - let's get you in the ring.
This is your chance to convince the wider team, we are still a 9 person company and we are all about inclusion and involving everyone in the process. This is actually less about the case study and more about your insight, how you communicate, and for us to see how your brain will work. The expectation is you spend no more than an hour or two on this. Likely a unit economics model on some key questions we will have for coaches.
Not everyone will get an interview but everyone will get a reply. It won’t be emotional it will simply be “Thanks but maybe in the future”