HammerTech is the Safety, Quality and Operations software platform of choice for the Australian construction industry. Together we help the multi-billion-dollar construction industry reduce risk, improve productivity, and improve margins—safely.
With Series A completed, over $10 million+ capital raised and over 350+ clients, we are investing in new markets and products to continue to accelerate growth.
We offer a flexible remote and in-person working options which supports an inclusive and balanced work culture.
To support our growth, we have multiple openings available for passionate Full-Stack Developers with varying degrees of experience to join us on our journey!
What you’ll do at HammerTech
This role will be a ‘full stack’ role, incorporating both back-end and front-end development in an agile environment embracing DevOps practices. Your responsibilities will cover our APIs, communication systems (HTTP + Message Queues), microservices, monitoring, refactoring existing code, new user interfaces, mobile applications, enhancing existing interfaces, troubleshooting production issues and developing new features.
As our platform operates globally across a mixture of collocated own datacentre hardware, Azure and AWS, we are in an ongoing project to standardise this into AWS using modern DevOps practises and move our database platform from MSSQL to PostgreSQL.
We are also in the process of modernising many aspects of our user interface into SPAs (Single Page Applications), and you will be responsible for many of these modernisation efforts.
By collaborating with other teams (including the mobile department), you will have the opportunity to deliver complex product features, work on front-end and corresponding back-end services and mentor other team members as needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in IT/software engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience working on Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms
- Experience working with modern web application design patterns and practices
- Experience working with ORMs, MVC frameworks, Microservices, APIs and modern web development tools and processes
- Software development experience in distributed systems
- Exposure to microservices, containerization – Docker, Kubernetes and other similar platforms.
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and processes
- Highly analytical with the ability to seek information to avoid solving the wrong problem
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet agreed targets and timelines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Coding features along with development of automated tests
- Collaborating with team members, both in your direct team and other departments (including Customer Success, Support and partners to assist complex customer cases)
- Documenting functionality, interfaces and services – for both internal and external consumption
- Refactoring existing functionality to improve performance, scalability, usability, maintainability or flexibility
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving production issues with the platform or codebase
- Mentoring other developers, as required
- Participating in code reviews, peer programming, daily stand-ups, product demonstrations and other team activities
Full Australian working rights is essential and appointment to this position is subject to internal reference checking and a national background check.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today!
HammerTech embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds. Under the CHO’s direction, HammerTech is required to ensure an employees' vaccination status is either fully vaccinated or an excepted person.