As construction’s most trusted safety platform, HammerTech has a team focus where we build safer, smarter, better – together. Our workforce is committed to individual and team empowerment so that our innovative approach is sustained, the growth in our capability is continuous and we excel in enhancing safety within the construction industry.
Established in 2014, with the vision of becoming the international benchmark in online safety and quality management, HammerTech is now the leading choice for large construction companies, managing safety and quality for over 500,000 people on construction sites across Australia, New Zealand and North America. To support the significant growth and development of the organisation, the expertise and capability of an experienced Mobile Developer is required.
Traditionally HammerTech’s mobile strategy has been to use Mobile-First web applications. To improve the user experience and capitalise on Native Device capabilities, we are now building a native mobile experience for some features of our application.
This role will be part of a new team, that will be responsible for the creation of the new HammerTech mobile application, working against (and improving) existing APIs, with the goal of achieving feature parity in the mobile application, primarily working with React Native. Involving primarily front-end development, some backend skills may be required to collaborate effectively with teams working on API and Authentication systems, as well as ensuring effective operational capabilities (logging/application insights/bug crashes).
The Mobile Developer will also work with and collaborate with other teams to deliver complex product features. This role will operate in an agile environment, embrace DevOps practices and help mentor other team members as needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in IT/software engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working on Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms
- Experience building native applications
- Exposure to web and distribution application design patterns and practices
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with delivering and supporting Native applications on iOS and Android, including deployment, staging, versioning and update strategies
- Understanding of native Android and iOS UI and UX with ability to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity
- Proven experience creating unit and integration tests with automated testing frameworks
- Experience working with and consuming APIs
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and
- Capacity to manage competing priorities and meet agreed targets and timelines and work effectively as part of a team
- Strong analytical problem-solver with ability to seek information to avoid solving the wrong problem
- Highly desirable - software development experience in distributed systems specifically with limited or unreliable connectivity where the client may be unable with the server for short or long periods of time
- Coding features along with development of automated tests
- Collaborating with other team members, both in your direct team and other teams
- Documenting functionality, interfaces and services – for both internal and external consumption
- Interacting with our customer success teams, support teams, and partners to provide assistance on complex customer cases
- Refactoring existing functionality to improve performance, scalability, usability, maintainability or flexibility.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving production issues with the platform or codebase
- Mentoring other developers
- Participating in code reviews, peer programming, daily stand-ups, product demonstrations and other team activities
Full Australian working rights is essential and appointment to this position is subject to internal reference checking and a national background check.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you today!
HammerTech embraces flexible work arrangements and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds. Under the CHO’s direction, HammerTech is required to ensure an employees' vaccination status is either fully vaccinated or an excepted person.