Senior Space Partnerships Manager - Aerospace
HEO (fka HEO Robotics) is the world’s first commercial in-orbit satellite inspection company. We have a working product and revenue. Our technology helps governments and commercial operators to visually monitor their spacecraft and other space objects they care about. We do this in two ways:
- by transforming third-party Earth observation satellites into in-orbit inspection cameras with our proprietary software and generating insights through our computer vision techniques; and
- we deploy our own imagers as secondary payloads on third-party spacecraft
Our goal is to empower our customers to have satellite insights at their fingertips. HEO is venture backed. We are based in Sydney, Australia with offices in the UK and US.
We value good space citizenship. We are passionate about responsible custodianship, sustainability and trust. We believe that space should be easy and transparent. Our values help us to tackle some of the most complex issues in space for the benefit of all of humanity. HEO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion among our workforce.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Partnerships Manager - Aerospace to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and managing strategic product partnerships with key players in the space sector, such as owners and operators of satellites. The ideal candidate should have a strong willingness to create win-win product partnerships and have excellent communication and negotiation skills. It would be beneficial to have knowledge of the space industry but is not a requirement. For the right candidate, we will consider Australian visa sponsorship. We’ve budgeted a salary band of $160-190K AUD + superannuation for this role.
Your key responsibilities:
- Identify and evaluate potential partnership opportunities within the space industry to drive business growth at HEO.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business objectives and align partnership strategies with company goals.
- Lead partnership negotiations, including contract development, terms, and revenue sharing models.
- Conduct engaging and persuasive presentations and product demonstrations to showcase the capabilities and benefits of our product to potential partners.
- Maintain a well-organised and accurate partnership pipeline, using CRM tools, to track opportunities, activities, progress, and performance.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitors, and emerging technologies in the space industry. Use this knowledge to identify new market opportunities and make recommendations to management.
About you, we'd love for you to have:
- At minimum, a Bachelor's degree.
- Curiosity and drive to understand Space and the science and engineering behind it, as well as the space industry landscape, key players, emerging technologies, and regulatory frameworks.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in partnership management or business development, or related roles, ideally within the following industries: space, automotive, electronic components, industrial automation, defence primes, enterprise software, and similar.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing strategic product partnerships.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify trends and align partnerships with business objectives and the company’s technology capability.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness for overseas travel to visit conferences and key players in the global space industry.
Perks & benefits:
At HEO, we’re committed to creating the best working environment where everyone thrives, values collaboration and shares the common goal of making space transparent.
- This is a full-time role
- Central location in Sydney CBD (477 Pitt Street) with optional WFH 2 days / week
- Employee share options
- Paid parental leave policy
- Amazing end of trip facilities - bicycle parking and showers