Finance Manager @ HEO
About the role:
HEO is seeking a skilled and experienced finance and payroll generalist to join our operations team. You will play a key role in supporting the payroll and expense management function, analyse financial data, provide valuable insights, and support decision-making processes. The ideal candidate should have a background in finance and accounting, quantitative and analytical skills, and the ability to interpret financial information. CPAs or aspiring CPAs welcome.
HEO (fka HEO Robotics) is the world’s first commercial in-orbit satellite inspection company. We have a working product and revenue. Our technology helps governments and commercial operators to visually monitor their spacecraft and other space objects they care about. We do this in two ways:
- by transforming third-party Earth observation satellites into in-orbit inspection cameras with our proprietary software and generating insights through our computer vision techniques; and
- we deploy our own imagers as secondary payloads on third-party spacecraft
Our goal is to empower our customers to have satellite insights at their fingertips. HEO is venture backed. We are based in Sydney, Australia with offices in the UK and US.
We value good space citizenship. We are passionate about responsible custodianship, sustainability and trust. We believe that space should be easy and transparent. Our values help us to tackle some of the most complex issues in space for the benefit of all of humanity. HEO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion among our workforce.
Your key responsibilities:
- Within the Operations team own anything related to payroll and expense management
- Maintain Xero and other financial technology systems to seamlessly integrate group subsidiaries and currencies
- Develop and maintain financial models to support budgeting, tracking cash spend, strategic planning, and investment decisions.
- Use financial models to evaluate potential business initiatives, pricing strategies, and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Help prepare clear and concise presentations for management, highlighting key findings, trends, and recommendations.
- Interface with our external tax accountant firm
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging financial technologies. Proactively identify opportunities to improve financial processes, systems, and reporting tools.
- Support internal and external audits as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, economics, or statistics.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a finance person, ideally in a growing company with minimum $30M revenue in software or similar technology sales and 50+ employees.
- Experience in expense management, payroll, superannuation payments, financial reporting.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data and draw meaningful insights.
- Solid understanding of financial statements, financial ratios, and financial modelling techniques. Knowledge of accounting principles and practices for consolidating group subsidiaries.
- You’ve collaborated with Chartered Accountants and know what they need to work best with their clients.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial analysis, reporting, and data management.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think critically and develop innovative solutions to financial challenges.
- If you have tech skills and / or are passionate about Space - let us know.
- You’re very reliable.
Perks & benefits:
At HEO, we’re committed to creating the best working environment where everyone thrives, values collaboration and shares the common goal of making space transparent.
- This is a full-time role
- Central location in Sydney CBD (477 Pitt Street, Haymarket) with optional WFH 2 days / week
- Employee share options
- Paid parental leave policy
- Amazing end of trip facilities - bicycle parking and showers