Rokt is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a small team of Rokt'star engineers.
You'll be part of a team that's passionate about the software and systems they engineer. We care deeply about providing simple, robust, reliable management of the data that drives Rokt's growth. We are keen to work with talented engineers in a highly collaborative working environment where we can augment each other's skill set.
You will be deeply involved in the design and implementation of systems to facilitate the flow, transformation and storage of Rokt's data; securely and at scale. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to contribute at every level of the design and implementation.
We are looking for senior-level engineers to join the Identity team. You will also be expected to bring extensive hands-on experience with AWS services such as Kinesis streams, Lambda, EKS, Cloud Formation.
You will be joining a team containing a range of programming language experiences including Scala, Java and Python. We apply cutting edge technologies to various problems we are looking to solve.
You also should have worked in an agile environment and are familiar with agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a CV and cover letter. Also, feel free to pass on additional supporting material such as Github links and/or evidence of contributions to community software projects.
- Writing and maintaining program code to meet requirements and technical specifications
- Implementing tests to verify incoming and outgoing data, calculations and reports
- Writing AWS CloudFormation stacks to automatically spin up and tear down infrastructure
- Crafting high quality, scalable and resilient systems for the long-term with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
- Setting up deployment pipelines including logging and alerting
- Working with the rest of the team to elaborate, find and solve issues and improve the overall quality
- 5+ years of relevant commercial software experience
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Java and/or Scala
- CI/CD such as Buildkite, CircleCI, Bamboo or a similar platform
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies with Docker, bonus: Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience (including setup) of monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, DataDog
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
- Preferably: Background working on large scale Data Warehousing and Data processing solutions
- Preferably: Experience in Big data processing technologies like Apache Spark, Apache beam, Storm, Flink or Hadoop map-reduce
- Clear communicator of complex ideas
- Bonus: Functional programming experience
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.