Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
We launched early 2019 to change home loans for good. Athena has quickly shown Australia what you can do with healthy ambition, a conscience and a kick-ass team. We are not a bunch of bankers, we’re financial freedom fighters who give a buck about our customer. We’re here to lighten the loan for Australian’s and reduce their mortgage life sentence. You in?
The Software Engineer at Athena is some who wants to be active and lead in their area of expertise, inform others, encourage high standards, identify opportunities and solve problems to help Australians reach their financial goals faster. We are looking for a Level 3 (Senior) Back End Engineer with extensive exposure and experience in AWS, Node Typescript.
What a successful candidate looks like
- Someone who aspires to expand themselves as either an individual contributor or in management.
- Solid computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures.
- Hands on experience with NodeJS Typescript at scale.
- Experience with AWS and public cloud providers.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Capacity to think holistically and see the bigger picture.
- Solid writing and communication skills.
- Be great, be you, play nice.
- Designing and implementing software solutions.
- Reviewing and collaborating with others on internal and cross-team technical proposals.
- Building out our API layer using a micro-services architecture and components on public cloud infrastructure.
- Continuously increasing efficiency and quality of your team through tooling and experimentation.
- Collaborating with everyone in an open and constructive way.
- Operating the platform products offered by the team.
- You are a skilful engineer with high standards, passion for quality and eight or more of years of experience under your belt.
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have experience with micro-services and single page web app design patterns.
- You can troubleshoot issues in production, help determine root causes and propose the most appropriate solution for the situation.
- You can collaborate with software engineers, product owners and other IT staff members in order to understand the goals, derive/adapt requirements and implement solutions.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile, fast-paced DevOps environment.
- You are a problem-solver and embrace the can-do.
- You are a team player.
- You can’t stand the sight of broken things; you just fix them!
- You preferably have BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
Benefits & Perks
- Extra 2 days (Life) leave per year to spend it how you wish
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Hybrid working (mix of WFH/WFO)
- Focus on support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.