Impact to our community
Envato is searching for a Business Systems Analyst to join us in a permanent, full-time role. The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is an “all-rounder”, focused on both business and technical concerns. You’ll ensure we are focused on the right problems, and champion a fit-for-purpose approach to solutions.
As a BSA you’ll work closely with the Engineering Team and stakeholders from across the business to gather requirements, research problems, plan solutions, and make recommendations to meet the needs of our business users, customers, and authors. You may be embedded in a delivery team, managing the roadmap and backlog of work for that team AND/OR work as a Program Partner, providing BSA services to key strategic projects and initiatives across Envato.
- Acquire deep domain knowledge and an understanding of the company’s various business models and form strong partnerships with stakeholders (from Developers to Executives) across the company.
- Evaluate requirements and solutions on the basis of cost/benefit, and explore and negotiate alternatives with stakeholders and the delivery team when required.
Independently facilitate workshops for your stakeholders or team.
- Drive vendor selection processes (building requirements, sourcing vendors, facilitating vendor demonstrations and scorecard evaluations).
- Use appropriate communication techniques and provide “just enough” documentation to ensure clarity of requirements, proposals, processes, system behaviour etc. by users across the business.
- Present solution proposals and alternatives in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders at all levels.
- Work within and across teams to drive outcomes and implement solutions across all stages: analysis, design, implementation, delivery and support.
- Contribute to the development and execution of appropriate testing plans to ensure smooth delivery of quality solutions.
- Collaborate with delivery teams and stakeholders to help define and maintain the long-term delivery team roadmap.
- Highly technical, comfortable discussing detailed technical aspects of system design and implementation whilst remaining business driven.
- Ideally 5+ years of systems analysis, technical analysis or business analysis experience.
- Very familiar with Agile practices, comfortable in a joint leadership role in a cross-functional delivery team.
- Skilled at building empathy between technology and business stakeholders.
- Has an expansive toolkit of communication techniques to enable shared, deep understanding of business and technical concepts by diverse stakeholders with varying backgrounds and needs.
- Strong business orientation, enabling you to make solid 80:20 trade-offs and fast decisions when prioritising.
- Has played a key role in delivering large, complex software systems.
- Past experience as a software developer and/or degree qualified in computer science, software engineering, information systems or equivalent is highly regarded