Nomad Atomics is on a mission to make the broad uptake of quantum sensing a reality and simultaneously push the limits of our field beyond what we think is possible. We are building the world’s most advanced fit-for-purpose quantum sensors to allow us to see the world like never before.
Our team is made up of leaders in the quantum sensing field. We believe the time for commercial quantum sensing has come, and we are determined with making it happen.
We are growing here at Nomad Atomics – FAST. We are searching for people who want to finally take the commercial sensing game into the modern era of technology.
Who you are
You are a voracious learner, a problem solver, and a doer. You are fascinated by emerging technologies and excited help build a company with ground-breaking ideas.
You are excited to operate at the forefront of technology development and be the first in the world to deploy these quantum sensors. You are a people person, able to build relationship with all walks of life to create an environment for success.
You have an innate attention to detail, working to produce the highest quality data. You take pride in your work and your team.
Working hand-in-hand with the Nomad geophysics team, you’ll be responsible for field surveying at Nomad Atomics. This is an exceptionally hands-on role requiring a broad skill set, including using and maintaining cutting-edge, high-tech equipment to produce the highest quality data in a range of conditions. You will help implement and update field processes, policies and systems to drive efficiency and safety. We operate in extreme conditions where crew safety is of the utmost importance.
The role requires an action orientated, organised and task driven individual to ensure that gravity acquisition programs are acquired on schedule, with the highest safety standard and best quality.
You will be engaged daily in tasks like:
- Data acquisition; acquiring geophysical data as an individual and part of a team
- Data acquisition on the surface and underground environments
- Implement and champion the company HSEC&Q policies and system
- Maintain field equipment
- Assist with field survey planning
- Mobilise and demobilise equipment
- Work with hardware development teams to develop and maintain testing procedures for gravity equipment
- Regular interstate and international travel
It’s not about specifically where you have come from nor what qualifications you have. What truly matters is that you are an impossibly fast learner. The types of things people applying for this role have done prior to Nomad are things like:
- No formal qualifications necessary
- Experience in acquisition of geophysical data such as gravity or magnetics
- The ability to promptly solve tough problems, to handle pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ideally, experience working in the resources industry, including in-depth knowledge of the resource and resource exploration industry
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and IT fluency.
- Comfortable with working and integrating with small teams of people.
- Comfortable with talking to all levels within an organisation; from field personnel through to managers and directors
If you think you’re right for the role, but don’t have some of these skills, reach out – we’d love to talk anyway.
The role is full-time and based in Melbourne, Australia.
We have the flexibility to work from home from time to time, but mostly it’s getting your hands dirty with our new equipment.
We offer a competitive salary, employee share option package and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.