About Curio Faculty
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning.
We have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences, through course design and online facilitation.
Curio Faculty provides quality education services to universities, vocational education providers, other higher education providers, and corporate partners and not for profits.
We are passionate educators who believe in the power of expert content development and online facilitation to deliver exceptional learner outcomes.
Objectives of this role:
This role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) is primarily to provide relevant subject matter content for online courses. The SME works in close collaboration with Learning Experience Designers and Developers and partners/clients to develop meaningful and engaging courses, support resources and learning experiences based on the objectives and learning outcomes of the learning experience. The design and development of learning experiences is typically closely project managed but also dynamic and fast paced, to achieve project deadlines, and entails highly developed communication and collaboration.
Key responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in workshops to map out the overall curriculum and course architecture, the assessment strategy in overview, and the more finely grained structure of individual learning activities
- Participate, as required, in workshops or conversations with clients, partners and industry to mine their expertise and understand how they will be able to contribute
- Work with Learning Designer to design activities, develop authentic and engaging learning activities, create performance tasks and identify opportunities for automated formative feedback
- Write course content based on a pre-agreed course map, ensuring appropriate referencing
- Deliver course content according to project timelines
- Assist in planning for the development of bespoke videos, writing interview questions/prompts
- Communicating with University librarians around resources to be located / cleared
- Identify resources to be used
- Communicate with graphic designers on images to be designed for the course
- Source contemporary course content material
- Write assessment tasks and rubrics with the learning designer and/or learning and teaching experts from partner/client and creating any assessment materials such as case studies or data sets
- Quality assurance of each learning activity in the final learning design from a SME perspective
- Incorporate feedback and changes as required by the client/partner
This course provides an introduction to the study of abnormal psychology. The concept of abnormality will be examined and issues related to the classification of psychological disorders will be explored. The descriptive taxonomy of DSM-5 will be introduced and aetiological models and diagnosis of selected child, adolescent and adult disorders will be examined. Disorders may include anxiety disorders, mood disorders, and schizophrenia. A variety of contrasting theoretical models underlying psychological intervention will be examined to facilitate understanding of approaches and techniques of psychological intervention used by psychologists.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Critically evaluate concepts of normality, abnormality, and mental illness and justify the methodologies used to study, diagnose, and treat these psychopathologies.
- Evaluate contrasting psychotherapeutic models and practical elements of the psychotherapeutic interaction within specific cultural contexts.
- Analyse the limitations and advantages of psychology diagnostic and classification systems used in Australia and internationally through scholarly inquiry.
- Critically review the aetiology and assessment of selected child, adolescent, and adult psychological disorders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant field
- Online teaching experience in a relevant field, tertiary level is highly desirable
- Experience in curriculum design, online course content development is highly desirable
- Contemporary Industry and/or professional practice experience and currency in relevant field
- Contemporary knowledge of e-learning trends and student learning is highly desirable
- Ability to write course content that is responsive to the learner audience
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality teaching in delivery; an ability to lead a workshop and facilitate in an engaging and original way.
- Ability to work as part of a team with Learning Experience Designers and Developers and Clients/Partners
- An interest in online learning pedagogy
- Hold a solutions-oriented approach
- Ability to self-manage time, and to work to deadlines
- Openness and ability to receive feedback, incorporating input from diverse perspectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills