Posted 10 months ago
# NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
“This goes out to those who want to do meaningful work, take ownership, and never stop learning”.
Fupay is a fintech scale-up, proudly based in Brisbane and recently expanded to Surry Hills, Sydney. We help Millennials to Live Large and enjoy their lifestyle by spotting a member’s lifestyle costs or a small amount of cash and providing them the flexibility to pay us back over a small number of pay-cycles. We are data-driven to power flexible and informed cash flow decisions, and we are re-defining responsible lending for a new generation of customer and short term credit products.
We are a fast growing team looking to find talented developers to be responsible for developing our platform into a scalable, high frequency, highly maintainable system for growth. We have delivery work across our web and mobile channels including the Fu App and Website, all serviced by our backend.
# IS THIS YOU?
There are only a few musts in this role, we are looking for team players with a great attitude and a passion for building great products. This role needs someone who gets genuinely fired up about shipping while both creating and contributing to a team vibe where we love coming to work and getting it done in a relaxed yet vibrant environment.
The ideal candidate will have superior Java and Springboot development skills and be proficient with one or some of the following areas of our stack: PostgreSQL, Typescript, Serverless Framework, AWS (DynamoDb, Lambda, Fargate). You will need to be able to demonstrate your experience and enthusiasm for mastering new skills with a genuine sense of excitement to learn new technologies and tackle problems.
# GREAT TO HAVES
- Extensive Java and Springboot experience, highly proficient in delivering experiences across front-end and back-end
- Integration of RESTful APIs
- AWS knowledge
# NICE TO HAVES
- Microservices and/or serverless applications
- Node & Typescript experience highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience
# WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be accountable for code quality, deployment and delivery of projects
- Collaborate and execute a technology vision and product strategy to support critical business functions
- Lead the defining and estimation of tasks with your team
- Professional development and mentoring of a high performing dev team
- Reviewing pull requests
- Working across features and product to meet set deadlines
- Supporting production issues
- Testing features as they are delivered
# WHY FUPAY?
Fupay is a challenging yet really rewarding place to work - we have recently grown to a team of around 50, with a diverse team full of technologists, artists, our people have a bias of action and a genuine passion for what they do.
Other perks of being a member of the Fu Crew:
- In addition to our flexible working hours, we embrace a hybrid work model with the only fixed time being your team’s morning stand up
- Friday team BBQ lunch on the river view deck (when we return to the office)
- Attractive salary and career opportunities in a growing company
- The ability to have a voice to help drive technical decision making
- Make it your own, build it, ship it, know it, own it
- Regular social events and a keen focus on company culture