A little bit about us!
Fupay is a financial technology company operating a lifestyle management platform for Gen Z and Millennials, which consists of a money management solution and responsible buy now pay later service for everyday lifestyle costs.
Fupay empowers our members to Take Charge of their money by providing them with an automated holistic view of their previous, current and future pay-cycle cash flow. We use a member’s transactional data and machine learning techniques to provide actionable insights, including whether they will have any left over cash or will be short across a number of future pay-cycles. We help Millennials to Live Large and enjoy their lifestyle by spotting a member’s lifestyle costs or a small amount of cash and providing them the flexibility to pay us back over a small number of pay-cycles.
Following 3 years of product development, we have now opened up our platform to everyone. We are a fast growing team looking to find talented developers to be responsible for developing our platform into a scalable, high frequency, highly maintainable system for growth. We have delivery work across our web and mobile channels including the Fu App and Website, all serviced by our backend.
A little about you!
There is no single must in this role, we are looking for team players with a great attitude and a passion for building great products. This role needs someone who gets genuinely fired up about shipping while both creating and contributing to a team vibe where we love coming to work and getting it done in a relaxed yet vibrant environment.
The ideal candidate will have superior Java development skills and proficient with one or some of the following areas of our stack: Java (Kotlin), Springboot, Postgresql, AWS, Typescript Lambdas, DynamoDb. You will need to be able to demonstrate your experience and enthusiasm for mastering new skills with a genuine sense of excitement to learn new technologies and tackle problems.
You have a record of taking ownership of the work you do, you can start and finish. You’re most productive in a T-shirt. What’s most important to us is cultural fit. Work for us isn’t just a job. So if that sounds like you, please apply.
The nice to haves
- extensive Full-Stack Engineer experience, highly proficient in delivering end-to-end experiences across front-end and back-end
- Integration of RESTful APIs
- AWS knowledge
- Microservices and or serverless applications
- Node & Typescript experience highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with React / React Native is a big bonus but not required
- Be accountable for code quality, deployment and delivery of projects
- Collaborate and execute a technology vision and product strategy to support critical business functions
- Defining and estimation of tasks
- Professional development and mentoring of a high performing dev team
- Reviewing pull requests
- Working across features and product to meet set deadlines
- Supporting production issues
- Testing features as they are delivered
What’s On Offer
- Flexible working hours/location, only fixed time is the morning stand up
- Friday team BBQ lunch on the river view deck
- Attractive salary and career opportunities in a growing company
- The ability to have a voice to help drive technical decision making
- Make it your own, build it, ship it, know it, own it
- Regular social events and a keen focus on company culture
Fupay embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Reach out to us today to join the team!
*No recruitment agencies, thank you.