Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
You will lead a 1-2 pizza team of engineers to drive our business forward in one of three areas: Customer Lifetime Value working on marketing platforms, rewards and loyalty programs, Shopping Experience and Marketplace delivering a world-class online shopping experience to millions of Australians, or Fulfilment and Delivery Experience ensuring every one of our customers get their products as quickly and conveniently as possible."
You will have an expert-level grasp of PHP, with a high proficiency in Node or Go being highly regarded, and a strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and agile principles. You will motivate and encourage your direct and indirect reports by being a culture champion!
- Oversee the development process for your team, facilitating the delivery, operation, and maintenance of relevant projects and components for internally managed software applications and integrations.
- Ensure the operations and output of your team is in line with the technology standards, working closely to mentor and guide engineers. Perform code reviews and ensure all team members are contributing to code reviews for their peers.
- Coordinate the hiring of new members into your team as required, making sure that all new additions to the team have the technical competency to perform their roles and are a good cultural fit in the team.
- Be involved in the scoping of projects relating to internally managed software applications. This includes informing the technical components of all product scoping to deliver the best outcome for the business with respect to the business goal.
- Promote and ensure best-practices with relation to the output of your team. All code should be readable, maintainable, and sufficiently efficient, tested, and documented to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure an inclusive, kind, supportive, and respectful environment for all team members, including the interactions with all people across the business.
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing incredible growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life’ balance (we just say live your life)
- 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, hair cuts, nails, massage, car washing and "life admin" stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Unbelievable employee benefits like discounted gym membership, kmart discount card, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.