Reporting to the Lead Insights Analyst, this data analyst role is primarily responsible for the delivery of data analysis and reporting services through the development of dashboards, and actionable insights in order for the business to make informed and evidence-based decisions.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Work closely with the relevant business stakeholders to identify various business intelligence and analysis needs to support the decision making within the relevant functional domain
- Intercept business ideas/questions/concerns - translate them to the hypothesis, identify the required data points for hypothesis assessment, retrieve required data from the database, conduct the analysis, circulate back to the business the findings and related business actions
- Ask probing questions to ensure the business problem and the analysis requirement is clearly defined
- Develop, update, and automate reports and dashboards using the visualisation tool i.e. Tableau, and ensure data quality, data integrity, and the provision of clean and accurate data
- Act as a key stakeholder to assist the business defining KPIs for key business growth initiatives, monitoring them, and deriving direct, meaningful actions from insights.
- Analyse data to spot trends or patterns, and use the analytical skills to find correlations in complex data sets
- Undertake data preparation, data cleansing, data analysis design and data visualisation for data storytelling to communicate key insights.
We're looking for an experienced Data Analyst, you should have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role within the data and analytics domain.
Other key experience includes;
- Proven expertise supporting the ecommerce business and working with very large and complex data
- Understanding and experience of ETL and data structures, data modelling e.g. data warehousing, and data marts
- Proven experience in using analytics to obtain insights and drive recommendation to make actions to improve and optimise business process and solve the business problem
- Highly proficient with SQL with the ability to write very complex SQL
- Advanced in BI visualisation tools such as Tableau is ideal
- Strong analytical mindset and skills - A/B testing, regression, hypothesis testing
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and communication skills to translate analytical solution outcomes in the context of business impacts and benefits to a non-technical audience
- Statistical programming language like Python or R is a plus
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life' balance (we just say live your life)
- 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, haircuts, nails, massage, car washing and "life admin" stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Unbelievable employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card and access to other perks within Kmart, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more...
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.