Catch is embarking on an exciting period of growth, as our business grows so does our team, we are seeking a Head of Customer Analytics and Insights.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer you will be responsible for defining and developing the customer analytics and insights strategy and execute on building datasets and statistical models to understand customer engagement, habit formation and drivers of lifetime value.
This includes providing data-driven solutions such as customer metrics, statistical modelling, causal inference, predictive analytics, business intelligence reporting, data visualisation and actionable insights to support the business with evidence-based strategy and execution support to deliver market-leading results.
What you’ll be doing
What does a normal day in the life of a Head of Customer Analytics and Insights at Catch look like?
Now is a really exciting time to be part of the Catch team. No two days are alike and we are embarking on remarkable growth. You could expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- Owning the delivery of customer data products that will enable achievement of business strategy
- Using advanced data science, analytics and research techniques to ensure Catch is a market-leader in customer analytics
- Synthesising available data and results to present key insights that drive innovative and strategic business thinking, assist with developing strategies, executing initiatives and evaluating effectiveness
- Acting as a key stakeholder in development of customer strategies that aim to improve customer data capture, optimise habit formation, increase customer retention and optimise customer lifetime value at Catch
- Deliver results to teams across the business, with outputs easily accessible, clear, concise, interpretable and readily actionable
- Establishing cross-functional partnerships with Catch teams (Product, Data and Analytics, Technology, Support, In-Stock, Marketplace, Customer Experience and Marketing teams) to design, develop and deploy data-driven initiatives that will improve customer experiences
- Developing detailed understanding of major target markets through market research and analysis of key drivers, in collaboration with Data and Analytics, Product and Marketing teams in order to align with their go-to-market plans
- Ensure projects meet deadlines and deliver value to the business
What you’ll bring to the role
- Research degree (Masters or PhD) in applied mathematics, economics, statistics or other relevant discipline
- Experience in data, research and insights development, demonstrating a hands-on ability to deliver results and insights that have led to practical and actionable recommendations
- Experience with advanced data science, analytics and research techniques, with a clear understanding of when their use is appropriate
- Extensive analytics experience in a commercial environment with background in a digital business. Experience in e-commerce or marketplace business models preferred
- Proficiency with Tableau/SAS/SQL/R/Python
- Experience presenting and translating data results to stakeholders with varying levels of technical capability, ensuring they understand key results and insights
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Leadership capability, and an ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of Catch
- Creativity/Innovation - Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organisation and to create new opportunities
The rewards you'll earn
We have a fantastic work environment and culture here at Catch. We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- A vibrant and passionate team who support and collaborate with each other
- Employee benefits like discounted gym membership, free parking, access to the Kmart group employee benefits, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more…
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.