Catch has a newly created role with the Quality team and is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer. You’ll play a critical role in transforming quality practices within Catch across multiple platforms and work to develop a world-class test automation solution.
You’ll work as part of a cross functional squad, acting as the QA expert, across new features, enhancements and bug fixes. You’ll use your testing experience to advise on automation opportunities and review requirements to ensure a fit for purpose solution in delivered.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll work as a fully engaged member of cross functional squad including Developers, UX/UI Designers and Product Managers to ensure the quality of products
- You’ll create, maintain and execute tests (manual or automated) to verify adherence to requirements
- You’ll perform risk based exploratory testing
- You’ll be passionate about testing and use your experience to identify critical defects
- You’ll be naturally curious and explore the latest tools and techniques to continuously improve testing
- You’ll bring your expertise in developing functional tests that cover 100% of requirements and execute manually or automated (with focus on least maintenance and faster script development time)
- You’ll have solid knowledge in integrating mobile application test automation with corresponding web test automation
- You possess strong skills on efficient test design
- You’ll have a firm grasp on data extraction using SQL and a working knowledge of API test automation
- You’ll understand disciplined coding practices to enable agility and delivery of high-quality code
- You are proactive and got a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ideally, you’ll be used to an agile mindset in delivery and have the ability to build strong relationships with cross functional teams
- We’d love to know about your experience in using any of the following tools: Jira, Cypress, react, Selenium, Appium, Postman, RestAssured, SQL, Jmeter, GitHub, API validation, Microservices, Service Virtualization.
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life' balance (we just say live your life)
- 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, haircuts, nails, massage, car washing and "life admin" stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Unbelievable employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card and access to other perks within Kmart, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more...
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.