About Curio Faculty
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning.
We have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences, through course design and online facilitation.
Curio Faculty provides quality education services to universities, vocational education providers, other higher education providers, and corporate partners and not for profits.
We are passionate educators who believe in the power of expert content development and online facilitation to deliver exceptional learner outcomes.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
A subject-matter expert (SME) is a person who is an authority in an area, topic or discipline.
SMEs are engaged to assist the development or re-development of a course (subject). They may contribute, author, research and provide a high level of assistance as well as expertise in the development or re-development of the course.
SMEs may collaborate with Learning Designers and Course Coordinators during the development or re-development of courses. This may include updating an existing course or the assessments within an existing course, creating a course map for a new course, developing a prototype, and building a full course.
SMEs are often sourced from industry, consultancies, partner organisations, or recruitment organisations.
SMEs/ Assessment Authors are required to:
- Write assessments for each of the designated S level courses per client syllabus requirements.
- For each course work closely with a designated client Assessment Design and Outcome Manager
- Amend draft questions based on client Assessment Design and Outcome Manager and Editorial Review feedback
- Attend meetings as required (including initial briefing and client Assessment platform training)
Number of Summative Assessments:6 papers (2.5 hours each) (60-mark assessments)
Payment will be milestone and performance related.
Estimated Total Hours required: 420 Hours
Hourly rate: AUD100 per hour
Due Date for Application: 27 June 2023
Key responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in workshops to map out the overall curriculum and course architecture, the assessment strategy in overview, and the more finely grained structure of individual learning activities, contents, test questions
- Participate, as required, in workshops or conversations with clients, partners and industry to mine their expertise and understand how they will be able to contribute
- Work with Learning Designer to design activities, develop authentic and engaging learning activities, create performance tasks and identify opportunities for automated formative feedback
- Write course content based on a pre-agreed course map, ensuring appropriate referencing
- Deliver course content according to project timelines
- Assist in planning for the development of bespoke videos, writing interview questions/prompts
- Communicating with University librarians around resources to be located / cleared
- Identify resources to be used
- Communicate with graphic designers on images to be designed for the course
- Source contemporary course content material
- Write assessment tasks and rubrics with the learning designer and/or learning and teaching experts from partner/client and creating any assessment materials such as case studies or data sets
- Quality assurance of each learning activity in the final learning design from a SME perspective
- Incorporate feedback and changes as required by the client/partner
Objectives of this role:
This role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) is primarily to provide relevant subject matter content for online courses. The SME works in close collaboration with Learning Experience Designers and Developers and partners/clients to develop meaningful and engaging courses, support resources and learning experiences based on the objectives and learning outcomes of the learning experience. The design and development of learning experiences is typically closely project managed but also dynamic and fast paced, to achieve project deadlines, and entails highly developed communication and collaboration.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Must have prior experience of writing course content
- Should have familiarity with UK financial regulations. These are closely aligned to international standards and would be familiar to individuals registered with CAANZ for example.
- Master's/ Ph.D. degree holder relevant to the job
- Have experience in course development
- Online teaching experience in a relevant field, tertiary level is highly desirable
- Experience in curriculum design, online course content development is highly desirable
- Contemporary Industry and/or professional practice experience and currency in relevant field
- Contemporary knowledge of e-learning trends and student learning is highly desirable
- Ability to write course content that is responsive to the learner audience
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality teaching in delivery; an ability to lead a workshop and facilitate in an engaging and original way.
- Ability to work as part of a team with Learning Experience Designers and Developers and Clients/Partners
- An interest in online learning pedagogy
- Hold a solutions-oriented approach
- Ability to self-manage time, and to work to deadlines
- Openness and ability to receive feedback, incorporating input from diverse perspectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Key Selection Criteria
- SMEs must have a relevant area, topic or discipline or related field if the topic area is new or developing
- Must be an industry leader or thought leader in the relevant area, topic or discipline
- Experience running workshops and/or presenting at conferences or industry events
- Will happily collaborate with Learning Designers and Course Coordinators
- Has an understanding/passion for online learning and online pedagogy
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work towards milestones and deadlines - course map, prototype, full course
- Enjoys telling a story - narrative, structure, sequencing
- Can think outside the box to reimagine a course vision, mission and objectives
To apply, please send us your tailored CV and a document with your responses to the five questions below.
1. Do you have experience in writing complete course content, including bespoke learning content, activity instruction, video scripts and assessments? If so, please describe.
2. Do you have experience of writing summative objective test assessments?
3. Have you previously written scripts and/or storyboards for online distance learning courses? If so, please describe.
4. Describe a time when you have had reduce content to meet the prescribed time requirements of the course. What is your process? How do you work to deadlines? How do you communicate progress with stakeholders?
5. What are the top issues / topics which you see as critical for inclusion in the CA curriculum within your subject area
- Flexible and online work with mostly evening and weekend hours required