About Curio Faculty
Curio, a leading education consulting and learning experience company, works with universities, vocational education providers, schools and companies to drive change through learning.
We have led the online learning transformation of many of our clients and partners through a focus on the creation of exceptional learning experiences, through course design and online facilitation.
Curio Faculty provides quality education services to universities, vocational education providers, other higher education providers, and corporate partners and not for profits.
We are passionate educators who believe in the power of expert content development and online facilitation to deliver exceptional learner outcomes.
Objectives of this role:
Online Facilitators (also referred to as Academic Tutors) provide online teaching delivery of client/partner online programs and courses in vocational education and higher education.
The role of the Online Facilitator/Academic Tutor is to deliver courses in accordance with the course design and requirements and client/partner policies and procedures. Online facilitators are not required to establish curriculum, develop course content and assessments, or develop marking schemes.
The role is responsible for engaging and supporting learners/students to ensure quality student learning experiences.
All Online Facilitators/Academic Tutors are required to maintain Teaching Pulse Student Satisfaction
=>4 and end of teaching period evaluation standards set by the client/partner.
- Planning, scheduling and delivery of live and/or recorded webinar sessions and activities in accordance with course design or as directed by the Course Coordinator.
- Delivery of planned academic content in accordance with course design.
- Facilitating learning activities in accordance with course content and design, including discussion forum and assessment tasks (including e-moderation, assessment, and feedback)
- Deliver assessment marking and feedback for approximately three assessments per teaching period.
- Engage with and attend assessment moderation processes and submit assessment results as directed by the Course Coordinator.
- Attend course administration meetings, typically three per teaching period.
- Provide prompt communication responses with students via relevant and endorsed communication channels.
- Be accessible to students seeking individual assistance with their studies, at a level consistent with the learning needs of the student cohort, and in adherence to the academic support and intervention services provided by client.
- Participate in coaching and peer learning sessions
This course is a learning experience that includes two of RMIT Online’s Future Skills short courses. It focuses on two important capability areas for digital communication professional – Digital Marketing Strategy and Implementing Digital Marketing Campaigns.
The digital marketing strategy component of the course focuses on enabling students to research, design and develop effective digital marketing strategies. You will develop several modern and practical methods of marketing using key digital tactics and techniques, identify customer business behaviour and segmentation, and develop Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Management (SEM) strategies and social media campaigns.
The implementation of digital marketing campaigns component of this course enables students to take strategy capability and devise clever marketing tactics on various digital marketing channels, including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, email tools and website optimisation with industry case studies embedded in the learning experience throughout.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create a multi-channel marketing strategy, supported by audience, product, context and market analysis
- Create an audience development plan by identifying the key marketing platforms, success metrics and optimisation actions
- Design, implement and deliver digital marketing campaigns that leverage the appropriate channels and tactics to effectively deploy your digital marketing strategy
- Report, analyse and interpret the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaigns though successful integration of an analytics platform
Skills and Qualifications:
Online Facilitators/Academic Tutors must have:
- A Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. degree in a relevant discipline (in line with TEQSA AQF+1 requirements), and/or
- Substantial work or practice-based experience, and significant industry experience in the related subject matter
- Demonstratable currency in skills and contemporary teaching and learning experience relevant to the discipline they are teaching and facilitating, online is highly regarded
- Academic profile reflecting the teaching capacity required to lead students in intellectual inquiry suited to the nature and expected learning outcomes of each Course
- Demonstrated active engagement in continuing scholarship or industry activity relevant to the discipline they are teaching and facilitating where delivering higher degrees such as postgraduate awards (e.g., Masters)
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the relevant discipline of the Course informed by their own continued learning or practice
- Sufficient proficiency with the relevant software and other technology required to perform their role effectively
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation & planning skills
- Confidence and resourcefulness in learning new technologies
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of empathy for the challenges experienced by online students
- A passion for helping online students succeed both academically and personally
- A current Working with Children Check in accordance with Client/Partner Policy, if Client/Partner notifies Curio of any students who are under 18 years of age (includes all academic staff, regardless of level they are teaching or age of students)