Who We Are
Marmalade Group is obsessed with solving the cash flow problem for small to medium sized businesses, once and for all. We know getting paid on time is an age-old problem that often hinders businesses’ ability to secure and serve customers in a timely manner. Marmalade was founded to take the cash flow pressure away from businesses and help them thrive.
Marmalade enables suppliers to cash-in invoices and get paid straight away without incurring any debt or risk. We provide customers with flexible payment options, and handle all administration of collecting payments, empowering businesses to focus on what they do best.
We’re looking for a data engineer to help us build data pipelines that will underpin our risk and payment processing technology. You are someone who is willing to get their hands dirty whilst thinking strategically about our future. This is our first data engineering role, so you’ll be working closely with our risk and technology team to build scalable data architecture that will power a number of company wide initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Designing data architecture and warehousing capability to incorporate multiple current and future data sources
- Ensuring alignment on sourcing and authoring data in collaboration with the wider technology and engineering team
- Designing and building our analytic environment to support answering questions from our product team and risk technology team
Who you are
- Familiarity with a wide set of data warehousing principles, including architecture, methodologies, performance principles, and best practices
- Recent experience with building ETL pipelines on AWS
- Advanced SQL, Python coding, and data modelling skills
What we offer
- Work with a diverse, experienced team who knows what it takes to succeed. We're based in Australia and New Zealand and comprised of alumni from Afterpay, SafetyCulture, Siteminder, Envato, Expert360, Autopilot and Prospa
- A hybrid working environment, combining in-person and remote work - we believe that happy and healthy employees produce better business outcomes. This role can be based in our Melbourne or Sydney office or work remotely from NZ
- We encourage and desire diversity of thought and love to be challenged - we’re here to change the game
- Competitive salary including equity.