Marmalade is obsessed with solving the cash flow problem for small to medium sized businesses - once and for all. We know getting paid on time is an age-old problem that often hinders businesses’ ability to secure and serve customers in a timely manner. That’s why Marmalade Group was founded - we want to take the cash flow pressure off businesses and help them thrive.
Marmalade enables suppliers to “cash-in” invoices early without incurring any debt or risk, we provide customers with flexible payment options, and we handle all administration of collecting payments, which means businesses can focus on what they do best.
We are looking for a talented and highly driven Business Development Manager (BDM) to support the rapid growth and adoption of Marmalade with Australian SMBs. An incredibly important role, our new BDM will be focused on delivering new customer growth from a combination of marketing led inbound and strategic outbound sales.
Reporting to the Head of Growth, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for:
- Exceeding customer acquisition targets from both inbound and outbound channels
- Managing the late stage sales process for inbound leads from marketing and partnership programs to convert new customers
- Working with Lead Development Representatives to optimise and improve the pre-sales process to increase sales conversion
- Developing strategic sales strategies focused on target industry verticals in partnership with the growth team
- Conducting product demonstrations and support success teams with successful customer onboarding
- Being the brand and selling Marmalade at industry, speaking and networking events
- Continuously research market opportunities by finding new target companies and verticals
- Maintaining a high standard of Salesforce CRM data integrity
Who you are
- 5+ years experience working in a sales role
- Proven experience exceeding sales targets on a consistent basis
- Fintech or financial services experience advantageous
- Enthusiastic about helping us achieve our very ambitious growth goals
- Details focused and thorough approach to sales
- Expert CRM experience
- Comfortable working in an environment where the systems and processes are still in the build stage and not yet defined
- Strong ability to prioritise activity based on potential impact
- Self-motivated and autonomous (although you will have plenty of support from the team)
- Natural collaborator
- Clear communicator
- An excitement and appetite to build something new.
What we offer
- Work alongside a strong experienced team with alumni from Afterpay, SafetyCulture, Envato, Autopilot, Prospa, Dataminr and Xero
- Be part of an early stage startup with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact and to learn, be challenged and grow with us
- A clear mission and purpose to help small and medium businesses globally
- A considerate, progressive and supportive work environment
- We are a remote friendly environment - we believe that happy and healthy employees produce better business outcomes
- Competitive salary including commission and equity.