Marmalade is obsessed with solving the cash flow problem for small to medium sized businesses - once and for all. We know getting paid on time is an age-old problem that often hinders businesses’ ability to secure and serve customers in a timely manner. That’s why Marmalade Group was founded - we want to take the cash flow pressure off businesses and help them thrive.
Marmalade enables suppliers to “cash-in” invoices early without incurring any debt or risk, we provide customers with flexible payment options, and we handle all administration of collecting payments, which means businesses can focus on what they do best.
We’re looking for a UX Designer that wants to join a startup from the early stages. You’ll be working closely with counterparts in engineering, product and our data and risk team.
You will own the overall design and user experience for the Marmalade web application. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who loves the challenge of taking complex concepts and designing an intuitive user experience for our customers. This candidate is excited by the opportunity to define the design process at a fast-growing startup and looks forward to making an outsized impact for Marmalade.
Who you are
- Deep understanding of how to uncover user needs through research and user empathy
- You appreciate big picture thinking and recognise the importance of prioritising the short term milestones that will move the needle towards the long term mission
- You have a creative mindset. We are looking to solve problems in different ways
- Experience in developing UI guidelines and/or design systems that enable others to build on your work effectively
- You can work independently and take full ownership of your projects
- You're highly organised and great at time management
- You love helping shape a company from the ground up and wearing many hats that start-up environments offer!
What we offer
- You get to work in the fintech space, an industry that is full of innovation and disruptors
- You get to work remotely! Our team is based in Australia and New Zealand and comprises alumni from Afterpay, SafetyCulture, Siteminder, Envato, Expert360, Autopilot and Prospa
- We are a remote friendly environment - we believe that happy and healthy employees produce better business outcomes
- We love those that think differently and want a challenge - we’re here to change the game
- Competitive salary including equity.