Swyftx is an innovative fin-tech scaleup, rapidly building a name for itself as Australia’s most feature-rich and best-priced digital currency exchange. With over 500,000 users and growing fast, we are building an exceptional team to support this fantastic growth. We’re putting our people’s values, and our customer’s experience first, with our sights set on becoming Australia’s largest cryptocurrency trading platform and next billion-dollar success story.
As an Accountant at Swyftx, you will have the unique opportunity to build processes, collaborate cross functionally, and play a key role in the team’s ability to scale. You have strong commercial acumen, a solutions orientated mindset and you thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. If successful, you will be joining a friendly and high performing team who pride themselves on the level of service they provide to the business.
What you’ll do
- Support the month-end management reporting process - including production of P&L, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidations and cash flow statements
- Assist in development of budgets and forecasts
- Maintain accounting and financial security by following internal controls
- Supporting the annual audit and also relevant tax obligations
- Preparation of year-end general purpose financial statements
- Support and assess new business initiatives ensuring that they meet all finance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Identify and lead relevant process improvement projects and the continuing streamlining of accounting processes
- CA / CPA qualified with post qualification experience
- A strong understanding of business process and internal controls related to accounting, finance and wider business practices
- Advanced Excel and data reconciliation skills, financial modelling experience would be advantageous but not essential
- A team player with the ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with and influence multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in process improvements and or system implementation
Life at Swyftx
You will experience first-hand what it means to say “I did that” as you watch your ideas and visions become a reality, impacting thousands of people every day. We are a culture that values learning and training, career growth and setting our people up for success.
Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Unlimited fee-free trading
- Career growth, training, mentorship, and development opportunities
- Social activities, game breaks and end of month awards
- Fully stocked kitchen, breakfast and lunch foods, unlimited fresh fruit, snacks and kombucha
- Wellbeing perks such as weekly massages with a sports physio, tennis lessons, yoga and breathwork classes
At Swyftx we are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is included and treated with respect.
Interested? Please the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role. We have an internal Talent Acquisition function, and therefore are not accepting approaches from recruitment agencies.