Swyftx is an innovative fin-tech scale-up, rapidly building a name for itself as Australia’s most feature-rich and best-priced digital currency exchange. With over 500,000 users and growing fast, we are building an exceptional team to support this fantastic growth. We’re putting our people’s values, and our customer’s experience first, with our sights set on becoming Australia’s largest cryptocurrency trading platform and next billion-dollar success story.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Lead UX Researcher who will be responsible for designing, strategizing, conducting user research and testing. This role would suit someone with experience in the finance and or technology (Fintech) industries and is passionate about growing their craft and sharing your knowledge.
About the Opportunity:
As the Lead UX Researcher you will be working with cross-functional teams from design, development, customer support and product managers to plan best research strategies that answer key business questions. You will be able to identify and consider emerging development opportunities while maintaining a broad, strategic perspective on pivotal details. As a growing team, you will have the opportunity to take a leading role in helping us shape the future of User Research at Swyftx.
- Working with cross-functional teams from design, development, customer support and product managers to identify, prioritise and plan research projects that answer key business questions.
- Planning, designing and conducting user research and usability tests. This includes user screening and recruitment, research hypothesis, test moderation, analysis and reporting.
- Identify and prioritize research team priorities and agenda based on analysis of existing product designs, business needs, project goals and risks.
- Conducting research to gather insights for new feature ideas and concepts, ensuring our ideas are validated by user research before development begins.
- Documenting and presenting insights gathered from user research and testing, in a way that is clear and easy to understand for all staff. Using personas and user journey maps are ideal.
- Collaborate with Designers, Researchers and other team members to get feedback and generate ideas.
- Evangalise user research best practices and tools, empowering designers, engineers and product managers to conduct their own research.
- Mentor and coach other user researchers
- You have 3+ years in a similar role. A degree or higher in Psychology, Interaction Design or similar would be ideal.
- Broad experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods, with hands-on experience performing all research related tasks including planning, recruiting, managing, evaluating and storytelling.
- Experience using both in-person and remote testing tools, and effectively measuring the results of these tests.
- You are a strong communicator and collaborator, that can empathise with our end users and bring our internal business stakeholders along the journey.
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and measurable research questions that are non-leading and reduce internal biases.
- Independent thinker that can work autonomously or lead other user researchers, able to translate complex or simple problems into practical solutions.
Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Unlimited fee-free trading
- Career growth, training, mentorship, and development opportunities
- Social activities, game breaks and end of month awards
- Fully stocked kitchen, breakfast and lunch foods, unlimited fresh fruit, snacks and kombucha
- Wellbeing perks such as weekly massages with a sports physio, tennis lessons, yoga and breathwork classes
- Swyftx supports a hybrid working environment
Life at Swyftx
You will experience first-hand what it means to say “I did that” as you watch your ideas and visions become a reality, impacting thousands of people every day. We are a culture that values learning and training, career growth and setting our people up for success.
At Swyftx we are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is included and treated with respect.
Interested? Please the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role. We have an internal Talent Acquisition function, and therefore are not accepting approaches from recruitment agencies.