- DevOps, Agile, TypeScript
- AWS, EKS, Docker/K8s, Linux, IaC, AWS CDK, Config as Code
- Remote (Aus Timezone)
Ailo (https://ailo.io/) is a data-powered platform which makes everyone’s experience in property management extraordinary. Ailo exists to improve the lives of every single renter or property investor, and make the property manager’s role more rewarding and straightforward. We create rich interactions that help create transparency and trust within the industry. Our role is to bring innovation into property management practices and challenge the old ways by looking at the root of the problem.
As the lead of the tech platform team, you will be building out the next generation technology platform and related tooling that allows engineering to work in a reliable, simple and scalable way.
We value a culture of innovation, where our people can not only share their ideas but see them work and deliver value. Along the way you’ll be supported by experienced and likeminded sisters and brothers in the engineering space.
All this supports the product delivery teams (PDT) who themselves are building next generation solutions to improve every human interaction in the rental experience.
We are looking for an experienced Kubernetes (EKS) Engineer, preferably with a software developer mindset, a passion for new technologies, innovation, and automation to lead our team of talented devops/platform engineers.
What you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Typescript, AWS CDK and AWS SDK
- AWS cloud resources
- Docker and K8s (EKS)
- Infrastructure and Configuration as Code (CFN, CDK)
- Automation and Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Improving the developer experience and tooling at Ailo
- Building the infrastructure platform and ensuring its ongoing resilience
- Distributed architectures and microservices.
How you’ll be able help us:
- Be familiar with, and driven by, an agile and lean working environment.
- Have experience in coding TypeScript.
- Automate and operate multiple Kubernetes (EKS) clusters
- Platform monitoring such as Prometheus & Grafana
- Appreciate code quality and infrastructure availability, with an understanding of related great practices such as CI/CD (Buildkite), unit tests/TDD, monitoring and alerting, etc.
- Enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technologies and bringing new ideas not only to the platform team but the broader delivery space.
- Sharing an excitement for solving real world problems that allow us to impact millions of users and continually improve their overall experience.
What’s in it for you?
- It’s a great place to learn. You'll work with people who are knowledgeable about great software design patterns and passionate about modern practices in software development (and we hope you are too).
- We are nonhierarchical, have a flexible working environment and strive to empower and support everyone to be their best.
- We have a culture of no blame and continuous feedback, as well as broad knowledge sharing.
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.