One third of Australians live in a rental home and one-in-eight own one, but the experience is often, well… not great. Renters have to shout to be heard. Property investors have little visibility or control over one of their most valuable assets. And property managers are shackled to antiquated technology. Nobody is happy. So, we’re rebuilding the $53B property management industry from the ground up with a ground-breaking, data-powered platform for payments, accounting, communication and work that delivers a better experience for everyone.
Founded in 2017, we’re on a mission to make every home a good investment and every investment a great home. So far, we’ve built the largest property management dataset in Australia and have helped more than 100,000 property managers, property investors and renters work better together on Ailo.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us bring to market a world-first, single platform that connects homeowners, tenants, tradespeople, property managers and real estate business owners in one place, in real-time.
You’ll be responsible for creating and improving experiences across our mobile and web applications that help millions of Australians have a clearer understanding of their rental homes and their investment properties – and you’ll help property managers leverage technology to deliver even better customer experiences.
Reporting to Design Team Lead, you’ll drive design and product initiatives in a dedicated squad as you work alongside our incredible team of engineers, product managers, designers and marketing.
A fierce advocate for the customer, you love discovering the details of complex problems and turning the right solution into reality. You thrive in a strong culture of open communication, cross-functional teamwork, hustle to deliver value and respond to the needs of the market, and passion for our mission.
- Design usable and delightful solutions to genuine customer problems while balancing business requirements
- Plan and implement appropriate research methods to gather feedback on concepts and interface usability
- Identify and quantify customer needs and opportunities
- Develop low-fi UI mockups, user flows and prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Document and share customer research and discovery work with the broader team
- Engage with product managers, UI designers and engineering teams on crafting solutions and subsequent delivery of designs
- Champion a cross-functional team culture
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members and non-designers in customer focused thinking
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Proven experience as a Senior Product Designer (or similar role)
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Experience with FinTech is an advantage but not a requirement
- Detail-oriented and collaborative
- Problem-solver at heart and able to empathise with our users
- Conduct and synthesise customer research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Exceptional communicator (visual and verbal)
- Demonstrate leadership behaviours
- Creative and innovative
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Expert knowledge of tools for prototyping and UI design like Figma, etc
- Incredible business, poised for massive growth.
- You will be making a difference in an enormous market
- We already have a world class team and you would be working with truly incredible colleagues
Interested? Apply now. Please include a link to your portfolio, or attach as part of your application. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered