Swyftx is an innovative fin-tech scaleup, rapidly building a name for itself as Australia’s most feature-rich and best-priced digital currency exchange. With over 500,000 users and growing fast, we are building an exceptional team to support this fantastic growth. We’re putting our people’s values, and our customer’s experience first, with our sights set on becoming Australia’s largest cryptocurrency trading platform and next billion-dollar success story.
Our platform is evolving continuously, and we work hard to uphold our high standards for new and improved features. To support our growth, Swyftx is searching for a Senior Node Engineer that is passionate about elegant code, design patterns, software architecture, development best practices and are up to date with new technologies, frameworks and other languages. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in building out our new trading application.
About the opportunity
It’s not often that you have the opportunity to work on such a new and evolving platform, where you can truly make an impact – but at Swyftx you can do just that. It’s a fast paced, but fun environment where you’ll be encouraged and supported to do your best work. You’ll be joining a high performing and passionate group of Engineers who love what they do and take pride in the craftsmanship of their code.
Being a part of our Platform Group at Swyftx means working in squads that focus on Core Primitive, Currency Movement and Orers & Trading.
What you’ll do
- Write clean, scalable, testable and maintainable code using Node & TypeScript.
- Transform business requirements into product features that involves development in both back and front-end layers.
- Work collaboratively with the Team Engineering Manager, Tech Lead & Product Manager as an advisor on technological approaches and innovative solutions.
- Act as a Senior Level member of the development team, bringing ideas to the table and mentoring intermediate and junior engineers
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- An understanding of AWS.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
- You are customer obsessed with the work you do.
- Enjoy taking ownership of solutions - taking ideas from the start all the way through to the end.
- You favour elegance & simplicity instead of overcomplicating things unnecessarily.
Life at Swyftx:
You will experience first-hand what it means to say “I did that” as you watch your ideas and visions become a reality, impacting thousands of people every day. We are a culture that values learning and training, career growth and setting our people up for success.
- Unlimited fee-free trading
- Career growth, training, mentorship, and development opportunities
- Social activities and team outings
- Fully stocked kitchen, breakfast and lunch foods, unlimited fresh fruit, snacks and kombucha
- Wellbeing perks such as free massages with a sports physio, tennis lessons and game breaks
- Innovation day(s) at the end of each successful sprint
At Swyftx we are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is included and treated with respect.
Interested? Please the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to hearing from you.
You will have the rights to legally work in Australia, sponsorship options are not available for this role. We have an internal Talent Acquisition function, and therefore are not accepting approaches from recruitment agencies.