We spend a third of our lives sleeping, so we thought we’d make it memorable. Sheet Society is one of the fastest-growing businesses in Australia and we are looking for a Store Manager to join our team in Abbotsford, Melbourne.
The Store Manager is not only the face and voice of our brand, but is tasked with developing and delivering what the retail experience looks like for Sheet Society. This isn’t a typical retail role, but instead, an opportunity to bring Sheet Society to life and shape how we approach retail in the real world.
Our Store Manager will know how to drive sales in store, build and motivate a team to and work closely with all departments from Head Office to deliver on campaigns and brand experiences that are second to none. The job isn’t just to sell sheets, but to instead offer a level of service that helps customers elevate their homes and the place they love most - their bed.
Style, Selling & Service
- Selling Sheet Society through engagement and genuine connections with customers, always being a brand ambassador.
- Working with the wider Sheet Society team to continually improve our service and customer experience by giving weekly feedback on products and sales inclusive of specific product selling performance.
- Ensuring sales and store goals are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, and managing inventory to ensure total accuracy.
Merchandising & Inventory
- Ensuring our brand standards for VM, beds, cleanliness, signage & displays are always to brand standards.
- Coordinating, staffing, and assisting with any Visual Merchandising moves, changes or ad-hoc updates. Ensuring that sufficient sales data and information have been applied to the creative brief to ensure your store is best set up for success.
- Weekly reporting and analysis of stores’ best and worst performers, managing inventory requests on the back of these findings.
Store Management & The Team
- Creating and managing monthly rosters ensuring wage budgets are met, inclusive of weekly approvals and managing staff leave requests.
- Ensuring all Store Communication, brand information & updates as well as policy or process updates are communicated to the whole team.
- Conducting training and monthly check-ins with your team, inclusive of half-yearly performance reviews for all full-time team members.
- Grow and nurture a team of dreamers, fostering their capabilities and leaning into opportunities for their further development.
- Working closely with our Warehouse and Operations Support team to optimize stock levels of products in store, assist customers and problem-solve as a team.
- Working to support Customer Service with Customer facing issues and resolve in-store where possible
- Ensuring all our operational daily tasks are completed including but not limited to managing and coordinating the back-of-house inbound replenishment (including the store refill replenishment), analysing stock sales data, completing the weekly stock cycle counting and recalls and ensuring click and collect orders are working harmoniously.
What you look like
- Minimum of 1 year management experience within the retail environment, in a position where you have demonstrated autonomy and accountability.
- In depth knowledge of retail, store management, visual merchandising operations and customer experience.
- A passion to help customers build meaningful moments and of course, their dream bed in our showroom.
Why Work With Us?
The role includes benefits like learning & development opportunities and incredible product discounts. Be a part of an energetic and fast-growing business where good ideas get green lights, every achievement is celebrated, and we’re only just getting started.
Diversity makes us stronger. We’re looking to work with people of all genders, races, ethnicities, orientations, abilities, and disabilities, so if the above is of interest to you, then please throw your hat in the ring. (Or just your application, if you don’t like wearing hats.)