Sheet Society is looking for an energetic and dynamic Assistant Accountant to work within our small but mighty Finance team. You will support the Finance & Commercialisation Manager, and Finance Director in ensuring the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the Finance function, as well as working with our internal Departments in providing accurate and timely financial information.
WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
- You’ll have 2+ years experience in a similar finance role (bonus points for eCommerce and/or Retail industry)
- You will hold a relevant Accounting Qualification
- You’re tech savvy (an advanced MS excel user and experience with Xero)
- An almost annoying level of attention to detail, and a high level of reconciliation proficiency
- You have a thorough and up to date understanding of accounting principles and rules
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Financial Reporting & Month-End
- Processing of general journals as part of month-end requirements
- Ensuring accruals and prepayments are taken up appropriately in order to match revenue with expenditure
- Reviewing and investigating variances between actual performance and budget/forecasts
- Preparing the end of month financial reporting pack
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet / General Ledger accounts each month with key supporting documentation
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
- Assisting the wider team with data extraction and report creation
- Reconciling of stock purchases with inbound stock received and supplier invoices, in conjunction with freight costs to ensure accuracy in landed costs of goods
- Manage the accounts inbox, you’ll be accurately allocating all approved invoices and payments within Xero
- Key owner of the expense management system, ensuring staff expenses are submitted accurately and on a timely basis
- Assist in managing and reconciling general office expenditure across the business
- Processing fortnightly payroll for all employees (using Xero, BambooHR and Deputy)
- Working closely with our People and Culture team to manage the set-up and maintenance of Employee Payroll files
- Ensuring our employee systems are updated for any changes to the Retail & Warehouse industry awards.
- Reconciling of all bank feeds on a weekly basis
- Preparation of finance compliance activities including BAS Submissions, Income Tax, FBT, Payroll etc.
- Prepare and submit survey information as required by relevant Government authorities.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
At Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links to our office in Brunswick
- Compulsory days off to spend in bed (or gardening or surfing or reading)
- Communal kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks on a Friday
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly office
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.