Ailo (https://ailo.io/) is a data-powered platform which makes the property management experience extraordinary. Utilising the largest single set of property management data, Ailo's technology empowers property management professionals to drive growth, improve their performance and increase profits. At Ailo our vision is to use our industry leading data insights and technology to reimagine the property management experience for agencies, landlords and tenants.
About the role
Our Data and Analytics Team is seeking a Data & Software Engineer to help our Data team integrate our data analytics stack with our mobile and web products. This is an exciting greenfields role with the opportunity to be involved in building a new foundational capability right from the beginning.
Ideally, you’ll have a foot in both the Data Engineering and Software Engineering domains. You have strong experience with modern data warehousing tools & models, as well as experience developing front-end and back-end code, quick prototypes, clean and production-ready solutions
What does Ailo's tech stack look like:?
- Microservices architecture based on Docker and kubernetes
- Node.js + Typescript and Java on the back-end
- React and React-Native on the front-end
- GraphQL APIs using Apollo Federation
- Highly automated AWS Infrastructure
- Full Continuous Integration and Delivery
- A modern Data Warehouse stack, built using dbt, Dagster and Redshift
What will you bring?
- You’ll have written code before in a variety of different languages and enjoy learning new ones. We’re happy for this experience to come from commercial, uni or open source projects.
- You are focused on code quality, and prefer to follow engineering best practices such as CI/CD and writing unit tests/TDD.
- You’re keen to contribute to the development of analytics & data science tools that enable machine learning at scale.
- You have strong SQL and Data Warehousing skills.
- You're interested in learning more about distributed architectures and microservices.
- You really enjoy having the opportunity to own the solution, managing a feature from end-to-end.
- You feel curious and excited when stepping into unfamiliar territory, and enjoy keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and bringing new ideas to the team.
- You have your own opinions about how things should work, and you are not afraid to raise them.
- You are passionate about solving real world problems and improving the experience of millions of people all over the world.
What’s in it for you?
- A great place to learn. You'll work with people who are passionate about best practices in software development, and knowledgeable about software design patterns.
- Flexible, non hierarchical working environment and a culture that empowers, supports and drives everyone to be their best.
- Continuous feedback and a no-blame culture. You'll need to be comfortable giving and receiving feedback as well as sharing your knowledge and experiences with the team.
- Competitive salary
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.