We make managing short-term rental properties easier. We eliminate the need for homeowners to self-manage their Airbnbs and we support local property management experts to work alongside us and handle everything on the ground. Our easy-to-use technology provides the infrastructure that the short-term rental market has always needed and it exists to deliver better results and transparency for everyone. We know where tech is needed and where humans are wanted - it’s what makes a great experience for guests.
We’ve built the future ecosystem of short-term rental property management in Australia and New Zealand and since we started seven years ago, we’ve generated more than $100m in bookings. We’re proud to have a strong relationship with Airbnb and we were their first official partner in Australia. We’re backed by some of Australia’s most prominent and respected venture capital firms. It’s an exciting time to join a growing team and lay the foundations of our future success.
About the role: The Head of Partner Network is responsible for executing the partner strategy in the ANZ region. You will lead the team responsible for managing one of our most valued clients, our partners. As the Head of Partner Network you will drive the strategy with these partnerships which propel exponential revenue growth for Hometime.
You will bring your strategic thinking, operational rigor, and business acumen to enable the team to do their best work as we embed valuable insights to inform business decisions aimed at addressing the Hosting Partner Network pain points or bottlenecks.
You will look for opportunities to create and implement processes, systems and tools that will keep leadership, stakeholders and team members informed of the team’s work, roadmap, challenges and opportunities as the team scales their delivery and services while becoming more efficient in supporting the Hosting Partner Network.
This is the job for you if you are excited about:
- Short term rental industry
- The ability to hit the ground running on a growing team, navigate ambiguity and provide structure and clarity quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Personal and professional growth in a fantastic collaborative work environment
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment. No two days in a customer experience role are the same, and you will have the chance to continuously learn and grow in a dynamic and exciting work environment
What you’ll do /have:
- Influence the direction for Partners more broadly across Hometime and collaborate with different functional teams to deliver business objectives
- Develop, lead and mentor a team of direct and indirect reports across acquisition migrations and partnerships to deliver on business objectives with excellence, innovation, and creativity
- Develop and implement incentive structures for the team that lead to high performance outcomes whilst achieving objectives and targets
- Keep a finger on the pulse of emerging legislations and regulations in the STR space and ensure all compliance standards are met across the partner network
- Support the organization through improvements to our internal product, policy, and operations development processes, with a focus on enabling cross-functional teams
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners and associated stakeholders
- You have proven experience in running a franchine network or partnership programm
- Develop and build data sets for partner performance, to assist in determining success of partner acquisition and forecasting metrics to improve partner performance
- Represent Hometime in external meetings with partners and at industry conferences across ANZ
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic, critical thinking and analysis. You are able to maintain a strong attention to detail while also understanding the big picture and the value of both perspectives
- Travel required across ANZ to meet with stakeholders and partners
Tools you’ll be using:
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- Fully flexible working arrangement, work from home entirely, from the office, or both, wherever you’re productive
- WeWork All Access card giving you access to coworking across Australia, on-site baristas and collaborative spaces
- Coffee allowance of $75 per month on your own Airwallex card to enjoy at your local cafe when you work
- Extra day of leave for your birthday to celebrate all things you with your friends and family
- Supportive paid parental leave policy including leave for secondary carers, adoption leave and special maternity leave
- Free time off between Christmas and New Year thanks to Hometime’s Holiday Week
- Quarterly events, both virtual and in person, to come together with your teammates