We make managing short-term rental properties easier. We eliminate the need for homeowners to self-manage their Airbnbs and we support local property management experts to work alongside us and handle everything on the ground. Our easy-to-use technology provides the infrastructure that the short-term rental market has always needed and it exists to deliver better results and transparency for everyone. We know where tech is needed and where humans are wanted - it’s what makes a great experience for guests.
We’ve built the future ecosystem of short-term rental property management in Australia and New Zealand and since we started seven years ago, we’ve generated more than $100m in bookings. We’re proud to have a strong relationship with Airbnb and we were their first official partner in Australia. We’re backed by some of Australia’s most prominent and respected venture capital firms. It’s an exciting time to join a growing team and lay the foundations of our future success.
About the role:The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive experience with a Hometime throughout the entire customer journey.
Hometime has two customers, the property Homeowners and the Guests that use our Direct Booking System to book their stays. As a Customer Experience Specialist at Hometime, your primary responsibility is to ensure that customers have a positive experience throughout their entire customer journey with Hometime. This includes engaging with customers to understand their needs, addressing their concerns and issues, and providing solutions to their problems. You will also work closely with other teams to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
Additionally to this, from time to time, Hometime internally manages a portfolio of properties. The Customer Experience Specialist might be required to virtually manage all the aspects around managing a short term rental property. This requires guest and homeowner communication, making sure the properties are well maintained and ultimately providing a great homeowner and guest experience.
If you have a deep understanding of customer experience best practices, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving abilities, and a customer-focused approach, this is the perfect role and we would love to hear from you!
This is the job for you if you are excited about:
- Short term rental industry
- Interacting with people. You will have the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of people and make a positive impact on their experience
- Improving customer satisfaction. You will be able to help customers solve problems and improve their satisfaction with Hometime's service
- Personal and professional growth in a fantastic collaborative work environment
- Making a difference. Your role will play an important part in shaping the customer's overall impression of Hometime and ensuring their loyalty
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment. No two days in a customer experience role are the same, and you will have the chance to continuously learn and grow in a dynamic and exciting work environment
What you’ll do:
- Responding to customer inquiries and resolving customer issues in a timely and professional manner
- Managing customer escalations and complaints. Listen to customer complaints, understand their concerns, and work to find solutions that meet their needs
- Gathering customer feedback to improve customer satisfaction. Identify areas where the customer experience can be improved and make recommendations to enhance the customer experience
- Develop and build customer relationships with customers by providing personalised service and following up with them to ensure their satisfaction
- Identify trends and enquiry patterns and drive continuous improvements to deliver best-in-class customer experience and therefore achieve higher earnings
- Provide best practice customer advice and support to the partner network to assist them in achieving their goals and exceeding their customers' expectations
- Collecting and analysing customer feedback to address any issues and simultaneously identify areas for improvement in the customer experience
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the business offers the best possible experience to our customers and implement any required changes that enhance the customer experience
- Analysing customer data: Use data and analytics to understand customer behaviour and preferences, and to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and simultaneously to make informed decisions
- Developing and implementing customer service policies and procedures to ensure consistent and high-quality customer interactions
- Staying up-to-date on company products, services, and promotions to effectively communicate with customers and address their needs
- As the team continues to growth, providing training and support to other team members to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to deliver excellent customer service
- Assist in the development and implementation of broader Customer Experience projects strategies and initiatives
- Prior experience in customer service. You should have a strong understanding of customer needs and expectations, as well as the ability to manage customer relationships effectively
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, team members, and management
- Candidates must be able to analyse data, identify trends, and develop strategies to improve the customer experience
- Customer experience specialists need to have empathy for customers' concerns and be able to remain patient and calm in challenging situations
- Strong multitasking skills, as often will be required to manage multiple customer inquiries and requests simultaneously
- Previous experience within the Tourism and/or Short term rental industry (desirable)
Tools you’ll be using:
- Hometime PMS
- G suite
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- Fully flexible working arrangement, hybrid role in Brisbane
- WeWork All Access card giving you access to coworking across Australia, on-site baristas and collaborative spaces
- Coffee allowance of $75 per month on your own Airwallex card to enjoy at your local cafe when you work
- Extra day of leave for your birthday to celebrate all things you with your friends and family
- Supportive paid parental leave policy including leave for secondary carers, adoption leave and special maternity leave
- Free time off between Christmas and New Year thanks to Hometime’s Holiday Week
- Quarterly events, both virtual and in person, to come together with your teammates