*** Just a heads up, you will need to have 5+ years Ruby on Rails experience to be successful in this role ***
Hometime is platform that helps professional hosts scale their short-term rental businesses. Our platform comprises software + community + specialised services and is already powering the largest network of professionally managed properties in ANZ.
Our ambition is to become the global partner of choice for small accommodation providers: like Xero for accountants or Shopify for eCommerce - we want to be the foundation upon which they grow their business. Hometime empowers micro-entrepreneurs who deliver an exceptional experience to thousands of guests each year.
Responsibilities you’ll have from day one:
- Design and develop technical solutions to support Hometime’s business.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders throughout the entire organisation in gathering requirements, specifications, and use cases for designated projects.
- Lead projects and initiatives with different and competing timelines and requirements.
- Work independently whilst supporting your team mates and delivering high quality, creative solutions.
- Ongoing maintenance of the existing and future platform.
- Perform peer code review, and contribute in constantly improving the development process.
- Foster a transparent and collaborative environment within the development team and throughout the entire organisation.
The experiences and expertise we’re looking for:
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails building enterprise applications.
- Remote work experience or working with remote teams is a plus.
- Based in the Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane a plus.
It's a bonus if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Airbnb whether it be as a host, guest, or general industry knowledge.
- Previous experience developing for the tourism or real estate industries.
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- Fully flexible working arrangement, work from home entirely, from the office, or both, wherever you’re productive
- WeWork All Access card giving you access to coworking across Australia, on-site baristas and collaborative spaces
- Coffee allowance of $75 per month on your own Airwallex card to enjoy at your local cafe when you work
- Extra day of leave for your birthday to celebrate with your friends and family
- Free time off between Christmas and New Year thanks to Hometime’s Holiday Week
- Quarterly events, both virtual and in person, to come together with your teammates