Who we are:
Ignition is the world’s first client engagement and commerce platform for the professional services industry, from proposal and payment automation solutions to a broader client engagement platform, to transform the way people do business together.
We are a high-growth, global SaaS organisation with employees in Australia, US, Canada, UK, South Africa, New Zealand and in the Philippines. Right now our top priority is new customer acquisition so this is the perfect role to get your sales career started in a fin-tech company, which is truly transforming the way professional services firms are doing business.
About the role:
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you'll play a key role in our marketing and sales efforts for new customer acquisition through the development of qualified leads that result in more product demos and new customers for the company.
Growing our customer base is something our Sales team is very passionate about as we genuinely believe in the value and game changing nature of the Ignition offering. As an SDR you’ll be the first contact with new prospective clients, so making a great first impression will be everything.
We are open to candidates located in Sydney. At Ignition, it's up to you to decide whether you want to work fully remote, in-office or a mixture of both.
What your day to day will look like:
Your main objective is to get prospective customers excited about what we're doing and schedule product demonstrations for them with our Sales team. You'll be an integral part of helping the company build a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities and grow its revenue:
- Engage prospective customers by phone and email
- Qualify inbound leads and advance them to the next step in our company's sales cycle
- Search for, and engage with prospective clients via our database (Hubspot), Linkedin, google maps etc.
- There is anticipated 50/50 split between inbound and outbound sales activities
- Partner closely with our Inside Sales team to ensure strong communication and proper handoffs
- Make a great first impression with our prospects by demonstrating strong knowledge in key areas such as product, competitors, industry, and more (you'll be thoroughly trained on this!)
- Hit your monthly targets for qualified demos booked and completed
- Participate in industry trade shows (light travel involved) to showcase the Ignition platform and acquire a large amount of leads
- Be a product knowledge expert and successfully overcome prospective customer objections
- Actively look for opportunities to improve and optimise our sales processes.
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent written communication for copywriting emails, social posts across multiple platforms
- Articulate verbal communication skills for speaking with prospective clients
- Smart time management and organisational skills
- Ability to handle criticism without taking it personally
- System and process driven person with and with the ability to show initiative, be flexible, and solve problems on the run
- Happy to work both autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic
- Basic understanding of the sales process, lead generation, and email marketing
- Willingness to learn and understand the Ignition product and value proposition
- Outgoing personality, who loves to chat!
Why join us:
- Founder led, global SaaS organisation, in hyper growth mode and scaling fast
- We work without ego in a collaborative, open and transparent work culture
- Competitive salary and employee stock options from day 1
- 20 days accrued annual leave/vacation, along with 10 days of wellbeing days to take care of yourself and/or loved ones
- Annual education allowance to support your professional growth
- Curious and smart coworkers who won’t back down from a challenge
- Employee recognition program
- Quarterly wellness allowance to spend on your wellness and what this means to you
- Paid subscription to Headspace and LifeWorks EAP & Wellbeing Platform
- Flexible working supported by work from office reimbursement and mobile allowance to allow you to set yourself up safely to work from home
- Personal tax return assistance - after all, we are in the accounting business!
- Paid parental leave
- An extra paid day off to celebrate your birthday, alongside volunteering leaves
- Monthly virtual social events
We are better everyday
We work without ego
We are smarter together
We hero our customer
Please consider applying, even if you don’t tick all the boxes. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented minority groups often only apply for roles where they meet all the detailed criteria. Experience comes in many forms, and skills are transferable. We are committed to adding diverse perspectives to our teams and encourage everyone to apply if interested.
Ignition is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ignition is proud to provide employment and recruitment accommodations during the recruitment process. Once our team reviews your resume and contacts you if there is a fit, we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact [email protected]