We’re Littlepay - a growing fintech headquartered in Melbourne, and the world's only payment processor specialising in the transit and mobility sector. We've developed a payments platform that enables customers to pay for public transport using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Littlepay is now processing transactions in 12 countries and continuing to expand globally.
Our Littlepay values:
- Trust and be trustworthy
- Embrace challenge
- Solve problems, together
- Deliver with speed and agility
- Be candid and kind
About the opportunity
If you are passionate about developing and executing automated tests and exploratory testing to help ensure product quality, come join us. We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to become our one of our team’s quality guardian angels.
QA engineering responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also participate in story grooming and tracking quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet with you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
You’ll be working with colleagues who:
- Are passionate about collaborative product development
- Care about quality and writing clean, maintainable, well-tested code
- Are strong advocates of best practices and continuous improvement
- Take end-to-end ownership for delivering payments services to our customers and partners
- Enjoy solving complex and interesting problems in an agile team setting
Day to day, you’ll:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Contribute to User Story Acceptance Criteria during Backlog Grooming with your Product Manager
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Prepare test data for system tests
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved (automated preferred)
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Use our very own exciting Mock-In-The-Cloud interceptor technology for building the automated tests
- Run a combination of manual and automation testing
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven experience in software development
- Proven experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases using Zephyr in Jira
- Hands-on experience with black box testing and automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of test scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Bonus points for:
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Experience in the Payments space
- Experience with Java and Cucumber experience
We love to look after our people, and want you to feel comfortable bringing your authentic self to work. At Littlepay, you’ll:
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse team who celebrates the differences and unique gifts we each bring to work
- Have access to significant learning and development programs
- Be able to take advantage of international travel opportunities
- Have access to a Littlepay company wide public holiday and a flexible public holiday program
- Be able to take up the numerous other benefits that being at Littlepay affords you, including being part of a growing community of innovators at Stone and Chalk
Our recruitment process
If you’ve been shortlisted for the role, you’ll first have a chat with our Head of Talent, who will set up an interview if the stars align. A short workplace preferences questionnaire will also be sent to help us learn more about the way you prefer to work. Following a successful first interview, you’ll meet with a second set of Littlepay folks, and be invited to participate in the final stage before being presented with an offer.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or if you require any accommodations for any stage in the interview process, please let us know. Additionally, if you don’t meet all of the criteria (we know that some underrepresented groups tend to avoid applying if they don’t), please still apply. We really enjoy meeting people who might bring a fresh perspective on a problem we need to solve!
Ultimately, being part of our small but mighty team means you'll have the opportunity to learn about micropayments, and have a hand in the provision of services that impact millions of people. You’ll help us deliver on our revolutionary product roadmap and help scale our platform as we continue to expand across the globe.
If this opportunity interests you, hit apply! We look forward to learning about you.