Transform the way everyday people around the world invest, by empowering them to understand complicated financial data and make better, non-emotional decisions.
- Work at a profitable, global, B2C SaaS startup;
- We have almost 4 million users, across 170 countries;
- Small team and flexible environment making it easy to rapidly iterate;
- Work with a product customers love: 4.5* Trustpilot Reviews.
- Join a diverse team from Atlassian, Safety Culture, Deputy, eBay, Ansarada & more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be building a world-class product, revolutionary in many ways, with unique data visualisations, making complex and complicated things simple. We are solving a very interesting problem in a very underserved space; the average retail investor massively underperforms the market but they really shouldn’t have to.
We pursue a product led approach to growth. This means we always focus on solving the customer problem first and optimising for growth second. Our business is profitable and growing rapidly without a sales or marketing team and unlike many startups, the products you build will be used by real people at high volumes from day one.
PRODUCT MANAGER CHALLENGES YOU WILL SOLVE
- As a Product Manager at Simply Wall St your role will be to uncover and understand the needs, wishes, and emotions of retail investors who are often struggling in the stock market.
- We use the OKR and JTBD frameworks – that means you won't be given solutions to implement but problems to solve (and that's a lot more fun). Making complex things simple will often be the key and you will be the champion of this approach.
- You’ll have to find solutions to problems that haven't been solved before, this might be helping our customers discover new investment opportunities, know what's going on in the market or an industry they follow, learning about a new aspect of investing, or creating a personalised onboarding experience to ensure our customers succeed.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are great at running product discovery (problem) interviews with customers, you understand Jobs-to-be-done inside out and excel at seeking out the underlying why behind each observation;
- You are familiar with product management best practices – the product delivery and prioritisation frameworks, product validation, and post-launch success metrics;
- You inspire others and want to lead by example, you are a great communicator and bring rationale and transparency to product decisions which allow your whole team to rally around the problem;
- You can conceptualise solutions to complex problems that are simple to understand and easy to use. You deeply care about good design and UX;
- You are passionate about stock investing and are able to see the problems from the retail investor’s perspective.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU
- Experience in a Product Management role in a SaaS organisation.
- General understanding of the retail stock investing space and the role technology can play in empowering investors;
- Proven ability to decompose big complex problems into bite-sized milestones in a systematic and logical manner;
- Great track record of working with engineers and designers: people want to work with you again;
- Products that speak for themselves – examples of customer-facing products you worked on that are intuitive to use and allow users to understand the value quickly;
- Dedicated GSD (Get Sh*t done) Days: No meetings, so more time for flow!;
- Flexible Remote-First: Some core hours but work when & where you are most productive around family or life;
- Competitive Base Salaries: We are a startup but we don’t underpay;
- Parental Leave Policy: With a supportive return to work plan;
- Equity (ESOP) in the business: Everyone owns our success;
- Learning & Development Fund: We invest in your growth;
- Share Club: We provide cash for you to invest & regular sessions to learn from the team.
- Office & Equipment: Choose your own laptop. Standup desks. Rooftop quiet space.
- Monthly Social/Team Events: Like cooking, paintball, manga sketching, Hackathon: https://youtu.be/YVBz7yZixvA
- Dog-Friendly Office: We love dogs, they make everything better!
Want to hear more? Hear from our founder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobC86VzFeg&feature=youtu.be