To Simply transform the way everyday people around the world invest, by empowering them to understand complicated financial data and make better, non-emotional financial decisions. The average retail investor massively underperforms the market, but they really don’t have to.
This is an opportunity to work at a well-funded, profitable, Fintech B2C startup. We have over 3m users and cover over 100,000 stocks across 91 countries. We have tripled our ARR in the last year and are still growing!
Engineering problems we are currently solving:
- As we continue to grow 2x we want to focus on performance, reliability and security
- Improve the mobile experience for our users
- Setting up the right analysis/analytics infrastructure
- Internationalisation (multiple languages)
- Thinking through marketing engineering (SEO, building for partner channels, email marketing engine etc)
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you’ll:
- Be joining a high performing passionate team where you can have a huge impact.
- Help to shape the platform for our growth. We are on the journey to modernise our platform to help us scale: micro-services, GraphQL, Next.js should be in your toolbox or in your wishlist.
- Be working in a cross-functional team, across multiple platforms, to ensure that we are giving the best experience possible for our customers.
- Own services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Engage in technical discussion of solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions and continuous improvement.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you and solve user problems.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- You are a passionate technologist and you choose the right tool for the problem to solve. We are happy to hear your stories about dealing with different programming languages.
- Understanding of what it takes to build reliable, scalable and resilient systems using modern best practices. Show us the scars and what you learnt on the path.
- Exposure to Classic & Modern JS frameworks as well as the browser ecosystem.
- Someone that expects high quality and knows how to work in a high performing team.
- Growth mindset. What works today may not work tomorrow.
- Dedicated GSD (Get Sh*t done) Days: No meetings, so more time for flow!;
- Flexible Remote-First: Work when and where you are most productive;
- Competitive Base Salaries: We are a startup but we don’t underpay;
- Parental Leave Policy: With a supportive return to work plan;
- Equity (ESOP) in the business: Everyone owns our success;
- Learning & Development Fund: We invest in your growth;
- Share Club: We provide cash for you to invest & regular sessions to learn from the team.
- Office & Equipment: Choose your own laptop. Standup desks. Rooftop quiet space.
- Monthly Social/Team Events: Like cooking, paintball, manga sketching, Hackathon: https://youtu.be/YVBz7yZixvA
- Dog-Friendly Office: We love dogs, they make everything better!
Want to hear more? Hear from our founder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobC86VzFeg&feature=youtu.be
We are recruiting multiple engineering roles currently: Salary ranging from: $130,000-180,000+super+options. Keen to find out more, please reach out directly to [email protected]