To Simply transform the way everyday people around the world invest, by empowering them to understand complicated financial data and make better, non-emotional financial decisions. The average retail investor massively underperforms the market, but they really don’t have to.
We provide high-quality, well-written stock analysis, especially on stocks and markets where there is often sparse or no coverage, to millions of retail investors every month. This is all supported by algorithmic and natural language generation, presented in a simple and visual way. Some of the world's biggest finance media brands are already using our content.
This is an opportunity to work at a well-funded, profitable, Fintech B2C startup. We have over 2.5m users and cover over 100,000 stocks across 91 countries. We’ve doubled recurring revenue in the past 6 months and are profitable. Investment research is undergoing a huge shift, and we are at the forefront of the technology changing how people monitor, research, and understand their investments and the market
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you’ll:
- Be joining a small team where you can have a huge impact.
- Help shaping the platform for our growth. We are in the journey to modernize our platform to help us scale: micro-services, GraphQL, Next.js should be in your toolbox or in your wishlist.
- Be working in a cross-functional team, across multiple platforms, to ensure that we are giving the best experience possible for our customers.
- Own services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Engage in technical discussion of solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions and continuous improvement.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you and solve user problems.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- You are technologist and you choose the right tool for the problem to solve. We are happy to hear your stories about dealing with different programming languages.
- Understanding of what it takes to build reliable, scalable and resilient systems using modern best practices. Show us the scars and what you learnt on the path.
- Exposure to Classic & Modern JS frameworks as well as the browser ecosystem.
- Someone that expects high quality and knows how to work in a high performing team.
- Growth mindset. What works today may not work tomorrow.
- Competitive Base Salaries: We are a startup but we don’t underpay.
- Parental Leave Policy: With a supportive return to work plan.
- Equity (ESOP) in the business: Everyone owns our success.
- Learning & Development Fund: We invest in your growth.
- Public Holiday Ownership: Don’t feel like taking public holidays at the same time as everyone else? Skip the holiday traffic & take them when you want.
- Share Club: We provide cash for you to invest & learn from the team. Check out one of our videos. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxxqaiG6bY
- Dedicated GSD (Get Sh*t done) Days. No meetings, so more time for flow!
- Flexible working: Work when you are most productive.
- Monthly Social/Team Events: Like cooking, paintball, manga sketching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGxJPN4xCA&feature=youtu.be
- Dog-Friendly Office: We love dogs, they make everything better!
Want to hear more? Hear from our founder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobC86VzFeg&feature=youtu.be
Salary: $135,000-150,000+super +options